Brown spotting???

Rcp925

Reaction score
Hey all-I'm just about 6 weeks pregnant (5w5d, I think?) and I started having a little brown spotting last night. Today it's still there-brown mixed with a tiny bit of pink. I'm not cramping and it's not bright red...I'm just so worried this means something bad. Has anyone experienced this ever and had a healthy pregnancy??

I didn't spot at all with my son, so this is so different for me and I'm worried it means that I am starting to lose this pregnancy. Thoughts?

You should be fine Hun

It's most likely implantation bleeding. I know a lot of people go to the EPU but it's so early that even if the worst happened they wouldn't be able to do anything and if it was ectopic it's likely you'd have pain.

I had the same at 5weeks 4 days and it really worried me. There was a couple of drops of pink, then browny/orangey when I went to the toilet- lasted a couple of days.
I had it at 6+4 too.
I had a scan at 7+4 and baby was fine, heartbeat. I'm 8+1 today and so far nothing since

It's really common Hun try not to worry unless you start bleeding properly like a period x

I had a little on Sunday (11 weeks) after a BM. I freaked out and went to emergency. They did a blood work and an ultrasound. All is ok. Wishing you lots of luck! :)

I had that at 6 weeks. It was only when I wiped and then on my underwear. I was freaking out but my doctor said unless bright red with cramping don't worry. I am now 10 weeks and 2 days and baby was good at 8 week ultrasound. We saw and heard heartbeat.

I had this at about 15weeks with my first and all was ok, and at about 6 weeks with my second and again he was fine 😊

I had it on and off from 5 to 8 weeks. I'm now 9, my last blood test was8 weeks and looking good. I also had an early ultrasound. I would go to the doctors and ask if they can do any extra tests to ease your mind. Best wishes

What all the other posters said... As long as it doesn't turn bright red you should be good. I had that with one of my pregnancies that ended up being ectopic, but there was a lot of it and it did turn bright red after about 2 days. Hope all is good!

I am currently 5w+2 pregnant. Yesterday morning I had sharp cramps then they went away..was fine the entire day.

I was in stress mode last night and when I used the bathroom I had light light pink clear kinda...and I was freaking about. Took a shower nothing....used the bathroom again...nothing...

This morning I used the bathroom and now its barely brown on the tissue. sorry TMI.. I am not cramping or anything but I am still concerned.

I hear you all say this is normal but when exactly do you go to the doctor for something like this?

I had spotting two days ago and was so scared- went in for an ultrasound and all was well. They didn't see a reason for it, but said it isn't uncommon. Everyone kept asking if I'd had sex within the past two days, which I had not (my poor DH was with me too, lol). I guess that's a very common reason.

I bet everything is fine but if you want to go in to get checked out it can't hurt. :)

Thanks @Rachelleigh! :thumbup: That eases my mind some.. because I just went to the bathroom and its now pinkish again.

How far along are you?

I had spotting two days ago and was so scared- went in for an ultrasound and all was well. They didn't see a reason for it, but said it isn't uncommon. Everyone kept asking if I'd had sex within the past two days, which I had not (my poor DH was with me too, lol). I guess that's a very common reason.

I bet everything is fine but if you want to go in to get checked out it can't hurt. :)

Thanks @Rachelleigh! :thumbup: That eases my mind some.. because I just went to the bathroom and its now pinkish again.

How far along are you?

I'm 10 weeks. Seems like they aren't very concerned if it's pink, if it's red and there is more then they definitely want to see what's going on. I have had a MC before and so didn't want to take any chances so I went ahead and called in. Don't hesitate to give your office a ring and speak with a nurse to put your mind at ease. Best of luck!

Well I called my docs office...no one is answering at the moment :cry: But its definitely not red its barely even pink I will just attempt not to worry and makes sure my little bean is not under any additional stress! Thanks again and best wishes with your new little one!

How far along are you?

I'm 10 weeks. Seems like they aren't very concerned if it's pink, if it's red and there is more then they definitely want to see what's going on. I have had a MC before and so didn't want to take any chances so I went ahead and called in. Don't hesitate to give your office a ring and speak with a nurse to put your mind at ease. Best of luck!

I hear you all say this is normal but when exactly do you go to the doctor for something like this?

I'm in the UK and round here the Drs don't really want to see you so early even with spotting as if the worst happens there's not much they can do

But it's normal around week 5 it's often the implantation still happening

Aslong as its not red and not a full flow like a period try and relax it really is very common

Implantation is still occurring at 5 weeks? I think I have read this but not much only that is happens before your missed period..our bodies are going through so many changes and I am hopeful that is just that causing this.

Thank you very much though! I am beginning to feel more and more at ease :flower:

I'm in the UK and round here the Drs don't really want to see you so early even with spotting as if the worst happens there's not much they can do

But it's normal around week 5 it's often the implantation still happening

Aslong as its not red and not a full flow like a period try and relax it really is very common

Yes, implantation can still be at 5+ weeks whilst the placenta is starting to form.

It can also be due to the hormones as you say/flushing out older blood.

well thank you! I just learned something new today!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yes, implantation can still be at 5+ weeks whilst the placenta is starting to form.

It can also be due to the hormones as you say/flushing out older blood.

Good afternoon ladies just wanted to stop by and let you all know that the pinkish brownish discharge has gone away! If it ever comes back I know not to freak out! Thanks for all your input and may we all have healthy and happy 9months!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->