bruise in the womb?

Matays

Reaction score
went for a scan yesterday due to bleeding and they found a bruise measuring 6x3x5mm adjacent to the gestation sac. How much bleeding should I expect from this because I'm freaking out with the blood as it's now turned red. I'm only 6weeks and 6days. Advice please.

Was your scan at the epu? I would call them back and ask their advice, they are usually really helpful.

Was your scan at the epu? I would call them back and ask their advice, they are usually really helpful.

Surprisingly they weren't all that friendly aha and due to my age they didn't really take me seriously (19) but I booked an appointment with the nurse at my GP practice an hour from now. Do you think she'll know anything about it?

That is really poor that they weren't helpful and didn't take you seriously. Yes, I'm sure the nurse will be able to offer you some advice. Hope it goes well.

It sounds like you have a subchorionic hematoma. There are plenty of success stories from it, and since yours was diagnosed early, it's likely to reabsorb by 20 weeks. I had loads of bleeding at 6 weeks when mine was diagnosed, but it tapered off and I only had spotting up until 8 weeks. I'm now 12 weeks and haven't had bleeding or spotting for 4 weeks, so I really think mine has reabsorbed.

They should have told you to go on pelvic rest (no sex, orgasms, or heavy lifting that strains your abdominal region) until it clears up It's pretty lame that they didn't even give you the proper name for it! Also, drink lots of water, rest, and try not to overexert yourself.

There's a subchorionic hematoma thread on bnb with lots of positive stories and also a few support groups on facebook. :flower:

I had an sch in my previous pregnancy. I started to bleed at 6wks and continued to bleed on and off, it was completely resolved when I had my 20 wk scan (at around 22 wks). I went on bed rest & pelvic rest for 2 weeks after each bleed.

My pregnancy was absolutely fine otherwise, and my baby is now 8 months old :)

Thank you all for all the advice and success stories! The nurse wasn't helpful at all ahaha she referred me back to the EPU but I find that the transvaginal scan seems to make me bleed?

If the transvaginal scan makes you bleed, it could be that you have a sensitive spot on your cervix. My midwife checked my cervix and found that when I was spotting at 8 weeks, the red blood was from a broken blood vessel on my cervix and not from my uterus. The scan may have also made you cramp and lose some blood from the SCH that way, but as long as you take it easy, stay hydrated, and avoid other pelvic activity, you should be fine! :)

It sounds like you have a subchorionic hematoma. There are plenty of success stories from it, and since yours was diagnosed early, it's likely to reabsorb by 20 weeks. I had loads of bleeding at 6 weeks when mine was diagnosed, but it tapered off and I only had spotting up until 8 weeks. I'm now 12 weeks and haven't had bleeding or spotting for 4 weeks, so I really think mine has reabsorbed.

They should have told you to go on pelvic rest (no sex, orgasms, or heavy lifting that strains your abdominal region) until it clears up It's pretty lame that they didn't even give you the proper name for it! Also, drink lots of water, rest, and try not to overexert yourself.

There's a subchorionic hematoma thread on bnb with lots of positive stories and also a few support groups on facebook. :flower:

After reading this, I was reminded that I had a subchorionic hematoma with my son. It had been so long that I forgot about it. It was also at 6 weeks. I was freaked out about it. It was gone by my 12 week appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->