Brushing teeth with Baking powder?

mum22ttc#3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Has anyone done this?
Does it work?
Is it safe?
How do you do it?

My teeth are fairly stained and I've been thinking about getting them done properlly at the dentists but before I pay the 300 pound I wanted to try some cheaper methods, so just as the questions ask really.
Any other methods/products that you can recommend to would be great. I've tried alot of the whitening toothpastes though and TBH none seemed to have worked.

Thanks in advance. :flower:

I do this now and then and it does work but I don't know how safe it is or even if the method I use is right, I just know that I can see a difference after a day or two.

I just put some toothpaste on a toothbrush then dip my toothbrush into a tub of baking soda ( I keep a tub in my bathroom cupboard) then I brush my teeth as normal with it. My teeth do look whiter after I have done it. xxx

Well Arm and Hammer put Baking powder in their toothpastes so its not going to harm your teeth, I would mix it into a standard tooth paste first or it could be slightly abrasive on its own I guess :wacko:

I do know that you are not meant to do it too often as it can affect the enamel on your teeth. But I think once a month or every 6 weeks is fine.

I wanted to try this, but never got round to it. I saw that Arm and Hammer advert yesterday stating they put it in their toothpaste.

I used to use this powder whitner (forgot all about it till this thread) years ago and that had a fair bit of I think it was bicarbonate soda so I would imagine its not dangerous if normal brands use it cant remember if it made any differance though.
Anything has got to be better then using coal like they used to :)

Look on Groupon, they often have teeth whitening products or a deal on reducing the price

I have when I've run out a toothpaste, never noticed it making them any whiter though if I'm honest. You can buy tooth powder which is pretty good though :)

Arm and Hammer do a toothpaste with baking powder in it if that helps hun. I've never used baking powder.

The Arm and Hammer toothpaste is brilliant, I drink a lot of black coffee and red wine so my teeth do stain and this cleans them back to white perfectly.

The arm and hammer toothpaste is on offer at asda at the moment - £1 a tube.

My mum got one in Boots its 3 for 2 on all Arm and Hammer products

eucryl tooth powder is good for a thorough scrub once a week

Iv used strawberrys, salt and baking soda.

they all work fairly well, and tbh i wouldnt use toothpaste if it was given too me, i use oraMD...Iv never had a filling or any problems with my teeth.

I would recommend a good scale and polish at the dentist (approx £70) then you cna keep on top of it with the baking soda method :thumbup:

My sister used the baking soda, shes a heavy smoker and it does seem to be quite effective.

Thanks for the tip, will try this :thumbup:

Just out of interest is baking powder the same thing as bicarbonate soda?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->