brushing teeth

lynz

mum of 2 princesses
Reaction score
when did you all start brushing your little ones teeth. chloe-marie has one tooth should i be brushing now :dohh:

Yesss! :D And don't rinse her mouth out, let her swallow it x

maddi has two teeth and we have just started brushing them :) x

yep yep toriaaaaaaa rite, just a smudge or pea size blob and i usually brush lilly 1st then let her have a go. not for too long though cause she starts to chew the tooth brush tut tut naughty lilly lol

I started brushing Amy's teeth (cause she got her first 2 together), when they had come all the way through. I don't rinse either, but she does try and chew the toothbrush. :) x

Brooke hasn't got a tooth yet but when she does what toothpaste is best to use?

Yesss! :D And don't rinse her mouth out, let her swallow it x
Erm I was led to believe the opposite if you could stop them that is. Why would you have your baby swollow brushed up toothpaste? Yak ...do you?

I always run her toothbrush under the cold water soak it and brush around and it brings the gunk to the front of her mouth which she dribbles out because she opens her mouth.

After brushing, try to encourage your child to spit – but not rinse. That way the fluoride can continue to protect their teeth.
I give her some cold water on the brush as stated above which isn't much but I don't want her to swollow it. HV told me to try prevent her swollowing the gunk after brushing.

I was told the same as Wobbles and try not to let the swallow it

they have baby toothpaste that doesn't have fluoride in it so it is ok to swallow. I think that is what they are referring to. They have these finger brushes that make it really easy in the beginning to brush their teeth. Try that, you can usually buy a starter kit that comes with one and the toothpaste. :D

I don't let Amy swollow the toothpaste, that would be yuck, but I dont rinse, it seems to dribble back out. :) x

The day Jack's teeth came through I brought a tooth brush and milk teeth toothpaste :p He doesn't use it yet, instead he has a rubber thimble type thing I put on my finger and some special teething toothpaste that comes with it :)

I use a microscopis amount of milk teeth tooth paste and let him swallow it, because to be honest i cant stop him, he gobbles it up so quick. That is why i literally use a smear. I started the first day he teeth came through. before that i let him chew the brush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->