Brutal/honest opinions on these boys names please

Love all of them except Ezra (sorry!) as they go beautifully with your daughters name which to me is very pretty and traditional. Go with your heart though and congratulations on expecting a little boy :)

Congrats on the baby boy. One of each :thumbup:

Elijah - beautiful! I love it and it sounds lovely with Alice.

Matthew - is quite common I would say. Nice name but if you are trying to avoid frequently used names maybe not. Not keen on Matty.

Edward - personally, not a fan. Not big on Ted either. Sorry :nope:

Ezra - sounds more feminine to me, I don't know why.

...but they do all sound good as sibling pairs.

Some suggestions...

George
Johnathan - John
Benjamin - Ben
Harrison - Harry
Oliver - Ollie
Sebastian - Seb
Christopher/Christian - Chris
Dominic - Dom

I love Elijah (that's my nephew's name!!) I don't like Edward it reminds me too much of Twilight and not really a fan of Matthew or Ezra. I'd go with Elijah!!

I like all these names, particularly Edward with the nickname Ted :) (its my grandad's name so I'm biased though)

Only thing I'd say with the nicknames, we were convinced we'd be using Immy on a day to day basis, but she always gets called by her full name, it seemed to suit her more than Immy when she was born :L so if you like a name just for the nickname you might never use it.... I dunno actually :p

LOVE LOVE LOVE Elijah. Always have. And the nn Eli is great. That would be my #1 choice from your list as well. I like Ezra, but love Elijah/Eli.

I like Elijah and Matthew but not Edward and Ezra..I do like Ted on its own though or Teddy

I like Elijah but my OH isn't as keen for ours. But it's a name I would go for if I could. Xx:hugs:

Loving all the votes for Edward! :thumbup: lol

I'm not sure about Ezra - but if it's a family name you may love it. I like all the others. I know an Elijah and a Matthew in real life - they call Elijah 'E' and Matthew 'Matt' so they can be more modern too.

My advice - just go with your gut. No-one liked Earl if the subject ever came up (I never said it was on our list lol) but as soon as he was born everyone just accepted it. Same happened with Eddy (what we call our Edward :) ) and I know that a lot of people dont like that we call him Eddy lol :dohh:

Love Eli and Edward... prefer Eli because of the whole Twilight thing ;) xx

Elijah nn Eli - Becoming quite popular in a trendy sort of way. I would avoid for this reason (see the number of Elijah threads/references on here).

Matthew nn Matty - Gorgeous, although you can't guarantee the Matty thing. He might end up a Matt. Still nice if you ask me.

Edward nn Ted - I'm not keen on "Eddie" so would avoid.

Ezra - Fabulous if you have no aversion to Ezra Pound's work. Personally I love the name.

Elijah - really like.
Matthew - ok, a bit old fashioned for my liking and dislike matty.
Edward - love, was on our list this time, I prefer woody as a nn but I think their personalities kind of choose the nn anyway, would always start off calling them by their full name and see what develops.

Ezra - dislike...sorry I just don't like it.
X

We are debating in Elijah too.. DF loves it, and I'm not so keen on it.. DECISIONS, DECISIONS!

Matthew/Matty gets my vote. I love that name and I can't think of any children at dd's school in year3 or below with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->