BTP Settings.....

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
Do you set it as small as possible? In particular with pockets like WNOS is there a knack to positioning the stuffing when its on a small or medium setting.

Every time we have used Sid's 'Spuggie' pocket it leaks/wicks round the leg holes :( Every. Single. Time.

Not sure of his shape needs to change and I'm not too bothered with it being a one size but it does mean we are effectively one nappy light in his stash......

Any tips?

I just set mine so it fits! With wnos i use the middle setting. What insert are you using? Maybe it doesnt fit the nappy great? If i use an insert thats too long i fold it over at the front so its doubled where he needs it most :D

I'm using a WNOS insert so it ought to fit! :rofl:

I can make it fit on the small or the medium setting with different popper combos :shrug:

Hmmm i dunno i dont use their inserts!! I use a cheapy microfibre one with a hemp babies flat folded over it!!

I've got a wonderoo I've got on its tightest setting with the correct insert but it bunches terribly when on the smallest fitting. I might try and fold it girl style prefold and get it in so it fits...hmnmmm.

I jsut tend to try whatever fits best with the snaps. I've got a few cheapy ones too and Im using them on the middle setting. Seems to work alright. I tend to check the legs holes are firmly against the skin if not then I'll go smaller.

just play about a bit...it might be that you have to have your outside snaps on the tighter one and middle on medium or vice versa....also has the outer been wshed plenty..i find with WNOS the outers have to be prewashed about 5-6 times before they work properly otherwise they leak like hell!!

Well I emailed them and I think you're right Sara. I think it might be oily finishing products on the minkee....so hot soapy wash and try again I think :)

I've only had any real success with my BTP nappies in the last month or so! I don't have many - 1 blueberry, 1 naughty baby & I've just got 1 oftheir eBay cheapies. The first 2 I still have on the small setting & they are fab now; think I'll need the middle setting on the new cheapy

ooo what did they say mervs mum.......just had the same problem with mine

just give them a good wash a few times girls minkee and cuddlesoft (minkee is worse) take longer to lose all of the production oils n stuff :D

Wss.
Basically the minkee inner must have finishing oils on it still. When I take it off you can see the wee is settled in a puddle on the inner and the insert is more or less dry. I'm running it through with clothes for a few washes with proper detergent rather than soap nuts then a hot tumble to seal the PUL. Fingers crossed!

I dont rate their inserts.....all mine have leaked/wicked even on the largest setting Lisa. I use Issy inserts in mine or Blueberry:thumbup:

I put Issy inserts in there and it did it so I;m pretty sure its the minkee thats the problem.

I use blueberry inserts in most my nappies now. I like them the most :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->