• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bubbles in ultrasound?

RosyGray

-{ Brooke's Mum }-
Reaction score
Quick question: this is my ultrasound picture from November 17th and I've been meaning to upload it and ask if anyone knows what those little circles are up by baby's face?

OH and a few other people have said its LO blowing bubbles but I thought I remembered the technician saying it was her fingers. I know there's definitely too many spots to be fingertips but I was thinking maybe it was just catching on other surfaces of her hand/fingers?

I don't know. What do you think? :shrug:

Attachments

• 19W5D.jpg
    19W5D.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 103
I have those too on my scan pic, and I'd love to know what they are!

(Just by her nose - can you see?)

Attachments

• 20 week scan1.jpg
    20 week scan1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 48
I was told the umbilical chord looks like bubbles on an ultrasound pic.
Lovely pic btw :)

april thats defo the cord on urs! x

OH WAIT NO, i was looking at the leg..hahaa duh, that dies look like a wee bubble.x

I think it's her hand, it probs looks like bubbles because it's a bit too far away from the scanner to show up (if I make any sense :haha:)

Thanks for the responses ladies!

Haha, though it still doesn't seem to be a unanimous conclusion and I never even considered the possibility of it being the umbilical cord before so now I'm even more confused. :haha:

Your input is much appreciated though! :flow:

Oh and thanks for sharing your picture, April! That's a great image. :) You can definitely tell its not the umbilical cord in yours so it must be little bubbles or a peek of LO's fingers.

Looks like my little girls blowing bubbles too x
https://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l30/sarahwilli7/DSC09362.jpg

Thanks for the responses ladies!

Haha, though it still doesn't seem to be a unanimous conclusion and I never even considered the possibility of it being the umbilical cord before so now I'm even more confused. :haha:

Your input is much appreciated though! :flow:

Oh and thanks for sharing your picture, April! That's a great image. :) You can definitely tell its not the umbilical cord in yours so it must be little bubbles or a peek of LO's fingers.

You think? I just don't know - they are so amazing though aren't they x

It must be a hand :)
Cant imagine there being any air in there to make bubbles :shrug:

Looks like a hand to me. My LO had his hand near his mouth, we suspect he'd been sucking his thumb or playing with his mouth.

Yep, looks like a left hand. Bubbles are impossible as there is no air in there....but a cute thought for sure!

I think in an ultrasound you see all the little bones, not just the whole finger. You know what I mean? Like an xray would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->