Buddy Wanted (Early Pregnancy) - UK

SmileyShazza

I'm a mum!
Reaction score
Having just found out that I am about 4 – 5 weeks pregnant I’d really love it if I could find a buddy to chat to – especially as we have decided that we are going to try and keep it a secret from friends for a few more weeks (which is going to be really difficult).

I’m 35, from the UK and live in Buckinghamshire. I’m married and we are literally about to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. I work as an administrator (boring) and in my spare time I enjoy photography, walking, TV, films, musicals, entering competitions and various types of music.

If there is anyone out there who is around the same stage as me and would like to buddy up either via email or PM please let me know. It would just be nice to be able to talk to someone who is experiencing the same things as me – especially as I only have two friends who have children but I can’t really talk to them at the moment.

Hope to hear from some of you soon :)

Hi there,

I am 5 weeks pregnant. Am 36 and live in Hampshire. Found out on 24th Sept and we are thrilled. I work as a PA/Recruitment Assistant (not sure what my real title is - ha ha. I have journal in ttc if you are interested. I had a rather traumatic time last week, when we thought we' lost the baby, but all is well and I am happy and determined for this to be a good, relaxed and happy pregnancy.

How are your symptoms? I am going pretty good. A few belly twinges from time to time, though its easing bit now. I have quite a lot of backache when I am on my feet, and I am starting to get quite tired and weary. Bb's are tender but not super sore.

Hope you're well.

Hello

This is my first Baby and I am 4 weeks 1 day pregnant, I am 27 years old, I have been with my OH for 9 years and been married for 2 and half years.
I work as a part time medical receptionist and a part time Holistic therapist all good fun.
I found out I was pregnant 6 days before my missed period I couldn't wait, My symptoms vary I had alot of twinges and uncomfortable pains in my left hand side at the beginning which now are going, I sometimes feel sick when brushing my teeth weird I know, I do get really bad backaches sometimes all on my left side and my bb's are not that sore but my nipples get really sensitive lol.
We are not going to tell anyone until after the 3 months just in case, it is hard to keep it from people because its exciting news but it is also nice for me and my OH to share something very special.

hi girls

I'm 39 and just gone 6 weeks with my first, due 30th May. I live in lancashire and start new job tomorrow (great timing eh!) I got BFP on wed 28th Sept after testing due to having really bad lower back ache and wind lol. OH was in London that day and didn't want to tell him on the phone so the day seemed to go on forever.

We too aren't telling anyone until after the 12 week scan, OH was bursting tho and had to tell his parents and now wants to tell him grandparents but I've stopped that one, it would be auntys and uncles then and before I knew it everyone would know. He'll just have to hold it in a bit longer.

Hello steph6875 We have the same due date I'm 33 and working on baby #5 ages are 17, 13' 4 and 2

hello everyone and congrats to us all

hello everyone and congrats to us all :wohoo:

Hello ladies! First of all congratulations. Sorry I haven’t been back to say hello to you all but I went away for the weekend as it was my first wedding anniversary so we went on a romantic break to celebrate.

Buds – I think you are about the same stage as me as I think I am about 5 weeks too. So far I’m doing ok, I have constant little cramps/twinges in my belly, am up and down to the loo all the time which has meant I’m not sleeping that well but I’m not feeling too tired yet – I seem to have moments when I suddenly get really tired out of nowhere but that’s only happened a couple of times.

Steph – I know exactly what you mean about it being hard not to tell people. I really want to shout it from the rooftops but I’m also wary in case anything happens. We’ve told our parents who were overjoyed and a couple of friends but I think as we see certain people over the next few weeks we are going to tell them as I don’t know when I will see them again and I want to tell them face to face. It is exciting but also rather scary and daunting at the same time!

Truly Blessed – I’m glad somebody else has had bad wind pmsl! I’ve had terrible wind, I’m sure my husband thinks I’m using being pregnant as an excuse but it’s been rather embaressing at times :blush: When we told our parents we had to tell them not to tell anyone until we said they can and not to put anything on Facebook – it is a nightmare keeping it a secret as I hate keeping things from people but I suppose sometimes you just have to.

Sweetniss – what is your due date?

I have send you all a buddy request, I hope that we all have good sticky beans. How is everybody feeling? My husband has already registered us as interested in local ante-natal classes as he read they get booked up really quickly and you have to register a long way in advance if you want to get on them :lol: Bless him he is SO excited :D

Hi everyone!! New to this so bare with me!! :wacko:
I'm 6weeks 3 days, although it looks like i'll be doing majority of this pregnancy and raising the baby alone i am still so excited!!!
The sickness hasn't set in....yet!! In fact don't seem to have many symptoms apart from very sore boobs! I hope thats not a bad sign!!
Look forward to talking to u all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->