Buffalo hump

lilysmum2

Reaction score
Hello ladies....

I have a hump on the back of my neck..a medium size....

My brothers ex had the same thing, she had it removed and lost loas of weight as apparently that was manking her put weight on.

I am quite a big lady so I was wondering if this also might be the reason??

Has anyone had the same thing at all??

x

dont have any experience of this sorry-but hope someone comes along who does
x

I knew a girl who might have had it but I lost contact with her before I found out if she did. Her hump was darker than the rest of her skin. Sorry I don't know much other than she was very overweight and only about 12 years old. I want to say it was called cushings disease, but I'm not sure. I might be getting the name confused with my childhood dog that had a tumor on her pituitary gland. (My dog was also very overweight) Sorry for the confusing post but all this happened a long time ago.

Cushings disease or syndrome can cause a buffalo hump (lump on back of neck)

this is a hormonal condition with xs cortisol causing various symptoms.
the tumour can be on the pituitary gland or xs hormone coming from somewhere else in the body.
having the tumour removed can make the hump shrink and lose weight

If you are worried, see your GP
x

I am booking an appointment with my doctor for monday. I really want it removed as it sometimes gets achey and I dont look exactly female with it !!

Thank you ladies!! x

I have that its linked to my hormone inbalance and Pcos. It has gotten better since i have had hormone treatment and take Metformin.

I have never asked/been offered to have it removed, maybe its not that pronounced? I dunno. I was checked for Cushings at the time as i put on a huge amount of weight extreamly quickly. However all was sort of fine, well at least better than cushings (horrible disease)

I cant see how it can make you put on weight. Obviously it can be a sypmtom of treatable problems that can make weight gain a problem. But in itself is just a hard fatty build up, a sympton not a cause.

Let me know how you get on will you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->