Bugaboo chameleon vs Uppababy Vista - I have to make a decision, please help

katsbump

Reaction score
I know lots of you already have your travel systems and I really need advice regarding the bugaboo chameleon and the uppababy vista. Some generous relatives are getting one for us and I have tried these two out so many times I've lost perspective. My primary concern with the uppababy vista is that compared to the bugaboo it seems heavy and big, I'm not that strong and not a big person so I love how light the bugaboo is. We live in an Irish city with lots of small streets, small stores, etc. and I like how light and compact the bugaboo is. I don't drive here and walk everywhere so I will use this a lot. However my dh drives so it being easy for the car is important too, but mostly I need something easy to use for walking all the time that I'm going to enjoy using. However, the uppababy gets better reviews in general and has lots of great features and is a couple hundred cheaper, and these things make me think I should go with it. Anyway, I need to decide today and would love advice if you have experience with either of these travel systems, and especially if you can address the size and weight of the uppababy if that's what you recommend.

I actually can't make a decision to save my life while pregnant, please help me:) don't know how I'll decide on colours today too, ahhhh!!!

I don't have experience of either but I was between these 2 and went for the uppababy vista in the end - I liked the features and reviews, and like you say, it's a little bit cheaper!;)
I won't be doing a lot of walking or going into smaller shops etc though, so maybe that's more of a priority for you..I think you'd be happy with either of these really!

I haven't tried the uppababy but I must say that weight it's really important if you are gonna walk a lot. My SIL started out with another heavier model and ended up buying a bugaboo a few months later because it was handier and easier to handle.
I've inherited both models from her, plus tried a few more at the shops and deffo stayin with the chameleon. Mine is a 2005 edition, Luca will be the third baby using it and its in absolutely perfect condition. The pushchair has been used also in a lot of different places like the city, the country, mud roads, the beach so its very versatile.... It's dear but I think totally worth it.

But as I said, I haven't tried the other pushchair you mention though.

I have the Bugaboo Cameleon and love it. No experience of the other one but would seriously recommend the Bugaboo every time, especially if you are going to be using it for walking a lot. It's a total dream to push, you can do it with one hand. The seat is nice and big and I loved using the carrycot too. They do hold their value so would be able to sell at later date and get a good price. :)

Bugaboo wins hands down!!
:) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"