Bugaboo warranty and problems

Ena_H

Reaction score
HI
Does an one have one send a letter to the customer service of Bugaboo and can send me the address?
I have a problem with the clips that release the handle of bugaboo Cameleon. I contact the customer service, they send me to the shop Mothercare, but as the product was bought 3years ago, they said that I have to buy a new one for 295 gbp. I am a bit shocked as we spend 700 GBP for the bugaboo..Just after 3 months we had it, we had problem with the handle. Bugaboo replaced it but gave me a model with the clips and not with the screws. For us was fine , it seem ok, they said was new version of bugaboo frame. But now they said that the screws would cost me only 10 GBP to repair  and clips cannot be repaired....
The customer service was not useful at all, to be honest quite rude. They sent me a copy and paste that the product warranty expiryed and to buy a new frame. As I am pregnant with my second baby, I am a bit “upset”..
Did anyone send a complaint to bugaboo??? Do you know where /who I should address my problem??
Thanks a lot

call them again i heard that they extended the warranty on the handle bar as it is a known problem..... dont quote me though!! x

Hi
I will try....since now I have received this answer:

Thank you for your reply.

I double checked with the engineers and unfortunately even if you buy a new set of the handlebar clips, this eventually will not prevent the handlebar from sliding when the clips are locked. The thing is that the rubber in the inside of the handlebar is affected and this happens when you put too much pressure on the extended handlebar.

I am afraid the only solution in this case would be to change the whole chassis but since you are not covered by the warranty any more, I can only advise you to purchase a new chassis from one of the local retailers. The retail price for the chassis is GBP 209.00 and the delivery is 5 to 8 working days.

I hope you find this information to be of use. Should you require any further assistance, feel free to contact me.

HI
Does an one have one send a letter to the customer service of Bugaboo and can send me the address?
I have a problem with the clips that release the handle of bugaboo Cameleon. I contact the customer service, they send me to the shop Mothercare, but as the product was bought 3years ago, they said that I have to buy a new one for 295 gbp. I am a bit shocked as we spend 700 GBP for the bugaboo..Just after 3 months we had it, we had problem with the handle. Bugaboo replaced it but gave me a model with the clips and not with the screws. For us was fine , it seem ok, they said was new version of bugaboo frame. But now they said that the screws would cost me only 10 GBP to repair  and clips cannot be repaired....
The customer service was not useful at all, to be honest quite rude. They sent me a copy and paste that the product warranty expiryed and to buy a new frame. As I am pregnant with my second baby, I am a bit “upset”..
Did anyone send a complaint to bugaboo??? Do you know where /who I should address my problem??
Thanks a lot

Hi I saw your post and thought i might be able to offer you some information that can help you. Under the sales of goods act you have rights if the pram is faulty to have either a refund or a replacement it doesnt matter that its 3 yrs old as the sales of goods act covers you in England for up to six years and in scotland for five. You can call consumer direct for some advice or have a look at the link which explains. It is a bit jargony but you can call them for clarification. If you purchased the pram using a credit card you may also have further rights under section 75 of the consumer credit act. The link explains more https://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/know-your-rights/SGAknowyourrights/ and the phone number is 08454 04 05 06.
I used to work for a credit card company and we would often get disputes over faulty goods so i thought i would try offer you some help if i could.

Thanks a lot, thank you very much... I hope to solve this problem, with the second baby one who is coming soon...and I have all ready apart from the buggy :)
My patner was thinking to glue the handle so It doesn't move ..but it's such a shame after we spent so much.

Cheers and thanks I will contact them..

Here the answer from Bugaboo CSR.... I hope the clips works, we will see....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for your e-mail. I do understand your frustration however I think I have great news for you. I double checked with the engineers and the clips come together with the rubber. Which means that the replacement set for the clips will actually solve the problem of the sliding handlebar.

I am really sorry I confused you with my previous e-mail but this is a totally new service set, it only came out 10 days ago so we are still getting information about it and sometimes they are not clear . But we can confirm that this will actually solve your problem. The only thing is that since you are outside the warranty you will have to purchase them from the local retailer. However they are not expensive at all. The item code is #88101SF01# - Bugaboo Cameleon adjustable handlebar service set and the suggested retail price is GBP 10.95.

I hope you find this solution fair enough. We do know that the handlebar is really sensitive due to the fact that it is adjustable and this is why we came out with this service set, so customers out of warranty will not have to buy the new chassis.

With kind regards,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI I have the same problem with my Cam and I was just wondering if the service kit solved the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->