Bugger!

carries

Mother of two under two!
Reaction score
Righto...having tried all morning to sort out a BT landline so I can apply for Sky to get broadband at home (I have no internet at home!) ive just discovered that my OH laptop is too old and doesnt meet the necessary specs!

He is a total mac snob as well and so no way I will be able to pursuade him to buy a PC which woul dbe so much cheaper.

The upshot is ladies, I may only have a week left with you (apart from when I can sneak on at my parents house) as I finish work next Friday!

I have peanutbeans mobile though so hopefully she can keep you updated if I cant get it all sorted before I have the LO!

:hissy: :hissy:

Well, can't you persuade him to buy a cheap laptop for you? That way it won't matter if it's Mac or not? He can then buy his mac at his leisure!! This is what I did with my OH and it worked!!!:rofl:

hmmmm cunning Kat I like it! I shall shop around for a pc now and see what kind of deal I can get!

I agree! Laptops are soooo cheap now!! You need to be online! I'd just bloody buy it and not tell my OH!! Ho Ho.

What country are you in? I got mine from Tesco and it's fab!!!

Always ebay as an option, may be a restored one on there that will ok and wont cost too much either x x

Im in England...I shall have a look at tesco and ebay, thanks girls!

I agree! Laptops are soooo cheap now!! You need to be online! I'd just bloody buy it and not tell my OH!! Ho Ho.

Oooo I like that idea!!

Carries - it's certainly worthing contemplating!!:-k

Ooooh i like the way you girlies think :lol: Yup though i agree you can get such cheap laptops. Have a look on some internet shops also cos you can get some really good deals... we've got 4 laptops so far from tinternet sites :)

in what way is his laptop to old, does it not have a wireless card? if not you can buy those cheap or get a usb wireless adapter.
or you could plug it directly into the rooter via the Ethernet port?

You can get some cheap laptops from tesco, a mum got my sister one and its really good!

in what way is his laptop to old, does it not have a wireless card? if not you can buy those cheap or get a usb wireless adapter.

She needs to milk it Molly - she could get a new laptop out of this!!!!!:rofl:

See now Molly I just heard a lot of words there that mean nowt to me! As far as I can understand his macs operating system is too old (his laptop is 6 yrs old apparently) although he may be able to update it by software. its not wireless enabled but he said there was something we could buy to fix that...?

Im confused all I know it I need the internet on my mat leave...what will i do without b & b!!!!

oooo there is one in tesco for £200 that will do me nicely!

Yes, get it! You neeeeeeeeeeed to be coming on here. We have to know when stuff happens and that...:hugs:

It's what plastic was made for. :D

Get the laptop!! We can't be without you on here. Who will be my home-water-birth buddy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->