build up 2 labour???

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Hi chicks.

A question or two for you.
Ok, so last night, all through the night I had horrible period-like pains that felt like gas pains- they were not nice at all and lasted all through the night, but didnt get worse or anything;
I woke up this morning and they were still there- I tried to go to the loo, but nothing!
So I txt nicky's father to see if he had any tummy issues, as we both ate the same food last night, and he said no;
About an hour later I had a bad cause of diarrhea (TMI sorry), and I thought that maybe it would make the pains go away, but they're still there and now they're moving into my back.
I had been having pains on and off at the top of my uterus, and a MW told me thats how labour pains start and they gradually move down to the lower part of your tummy.
I thought nothing of this because I wasnt getting pains in my lower ab, but now I am and have pretty much had them all night.
V/D is getting heavier, but it hasnt changed in color or anything like that, not yet anyway!
A couple nights ago I only got 2 hours sleep ALL NIGHT because I could not stop going for a pee, it lasted all through the night and yesterday I was equally as bad.
I had a CTG test yesterday morning, baby is fine, but they said contractions were not good enough to dilate; in saying that though, I did get a student MW who didnt seem to have a clue what she was talking about TBH- And I never trust ANYONE younger than myself when it comes to dr's etc:
Soo... after writing this formal letter, I was just wondering what you girls thought. x:rofl:
Im meant to be going into town soon, but dunno if I should incase my water breaks in tesco lol.

Before I went into labour I had diarrhea too, I think thats the bodys way of clearing space to make way for baby to come through. Your pains sound similar to the ones I had a few days before actually giving birth.

Hopefully this is it for you, good luck. :)

the loo thing is a very good sign, like Tilly says, its the clear out befire labour starts.

Sounds like this may be the start for you, good luck! :D

x

Before I went into labour I had diarrhea too, I think thats the bodys way of clearing space to make way for baby to come through. Your pains sound similar to the ones I had a few days before actually giving birth.

Hopefully this is it for you, good luck. :)
ooooooo- well we'll have to wait and see.
:)
Did you get them all through the night too? It feels like I need to keep going to the loo for a poo, but the period type pains are actually going all round my back too.

ooooooo- well we'll have to wait and see.
:)
Did you get them all through the night too? It feels like I need to keep going to the loo for a poo, but the period type pains are actually going all round my back too.
I had back pain/going to the toilet loads from Saturday night! the sunday night I had severe back pain and kept getting my boyfriend to rub it, with hardly any relief.. so I knew it was going to be soon.

When I woke up Monday morning I got up and "wee'd" on the floor lmao (my waters) although it was drips not a gush. I had a doctors appointment already booked, told her about leaking and she said to go to hospital if it continued. Monday night, could hardly sleep.. going to loo properly a lot and bad pains continued in my back. After a night of not sleeping for longer than 30 mins, I had my show then after that I couldn't sleep any more as I was having contractions every 15-20 mins!

*btw all my pain was in my back! thats why I wasn't 100% sure at first, I had a back birth (posterior).

Hope that helped a bit for comparison!

Just found this:

What's a posterior position?

Some babies go down into the pelvis with the back of their heads towards their mothers' spines. This is called a POSTERIOR position and it can lead to several things happening:

• Your waters are more likely to break at the beginning of labour.

• You have a lot of backache during and in between contractions.

• Labour is slower.

• You may need forceps or ventouse (a suction device) to help you give birth to your baby.

The close proximity between the baby's bony skull and your spine can be very uncomfortable, and you might well find that the best position to labour in is on all fours. In this position, your baby drops away from your spine, helping relieve the backache.

When your baby gets to the bottom of your pelvis, he'll need to turn through 180 degrees to get into the best position for him to be born. This can take quite a while, or your baby may decide he's not going to turn at all! In this case, he will be born with his face looking up at you as he emerges. He might need forceps or ventouse to help him out.

Maddie was back to back and i had a hell of alot of backache in labor and before with BOTH girls.

I had alot of stomach upsets and toilet issues too .... Just before i had maddie and deffo before i went into labor with ellie!

Sounds like it could be it!!

Sending you LOTS of labor vibes!!

GOOD LUCK!

xxx

Hiya Louise

I'm surprised you havn't already had him! - It does sound to me like you are getting close now though. My Nan only had pain in her back with all 8 of her labours, so don't let the fact that the pain isn't in your belly confuse you.

With Ky, I had the runs for 4 days before I had him. My contractions also started as a period like ache, then changed to period type pain, then unmistakable contactions!

I had a show at around 2-2:30am, which was around the time I had the period type pains. They built gradually and I was in and out of the bath. My waters broke in the bath at around 5-5:30am. My contractions really kicked in with the rupture of my membranes. Got to the hospital at around 7:30am and was 4 or 5cm dilated. I had Ky at 9:29am.

Hopefully not long now!

Oh rachie that was quite a quick labor!!

Make sure your at the hospital in time with this lil lady lol!!

Louise your gonna do great!

xxx

Louise.....I bet you'll be having your baby before I have mine! :rofl:

Oh rachie that was quite a quick labor!!

Make sure your at the hospital in time with this lil lady lol!!

xxx

I know - I'm a little conerned about the 40 Min drive to the hospital - Especially if Pauls at work, which means he'll have to drive 40 mins to get me, then it's 40 mins to the hospital......Paul will kill me if I have her in the carhttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/scared-panic.gif I can call an ambulance though but will be taken to a local hospital where everyone will be German rather than the one im under where they speak English.....I've been looking up how to say "epidural" lol!

Rachie, you def had a quick labour/delivery- I sure hope mine is that fast, though I know it wont be :(

The pains keep coming and going but they still feel like period pains, and ive got this feeling that somethings going to 'come out', if that makes sense?
The only way I can describe it (sorry if this is TMI) is, ya know when your period is ready to start, and you feel that weird gush before the blood starts pouring? its as though something is up there WAITING lol (gross lol)< well its like that; it's like, if I stand up, something is going to drop out, and I feel I need to keep running to the loo to see if its blood, because it really does feel very simular to waiting for your period..
Now when I get tightenings, Im getting back pain- dunno what to think really, I mean the belly ache could be from something that I ate, something that didnt agree with me, who knows?

I dunno what to look out for. Alot of women say their waters didnt break- so how on earth did they know what was labour and what wasnt?

I did have a quick labour, but it was pretty intense. There wasn't really much of a build up! - My Midwife thinks I laboured so quickly because my cervix had been dilated previously when I had ERPCs (D&Cs) after three previous miscarriages.

It is kind of hard to tell if you are in labour at first Louise to be honest. When I started getting the period type pains I wasn't sure if it was the start of things or not, but believe me, when your contractions become more regular and intensify, you will know you are in labour.

I think the feeling you are having, like something is about to come out is due to pressure from the baby, which is also a good sign because it proberbly means baby has dropped very low into the pelvis ready to make his appearance. I had a lot of really uncomfortable pressure on my bladder and in general during labour which is proberbly why I spent most of it on the toilet.

I think it all sounds promising - I reckon you'll have him by the end of the week!

I know - I'm a little conerned about the 40 Min drive to the hospital - Especially if Pauls at work, which means he'll have to drive 40 mins to get me, then it's 40 mins to the hospital......Paul will kill me if I have her in the carhttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/scared-panic.gif I can call an ambulance though but will be taken to a local hospital where everyone will be German rather than the one im under where they speak English.....I've been looking up how to say "epidural" lol!

can give u some german lessons :winkwink:

for epidural you can use Rueckenmarksspritze, Rueckenmarksbetaeubung and Epiduralbetaeubung they will possibly understand as well :winkwink:

but 40 min drive to hospital is reeeally a long way!

good luck and greetings from London to Paderborn :hi:

When i got my "period pains" i had back pain then the started to come round the front.

Believe me hun you will know when your in labor, i did i was worried i wouldn't cause i had induction before .....

Labor dust for you!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back