Bulky diapers preventing development?

charliesmom

Dad, daughter, 2 chis
Reaction score
So I've noticed my 4 month old trying really hard lately to roll over from tummy to back...but completely unsuccessful. She should have rolled over by now... she's physically really strong, able to sit up for a second, stand while supported, etc...

anyways, I figured maybe something was hindering her movements... what about those darn bulky cloth diapers? Maybe. So I took them off and let her on her tummy nekkid. What do you know, she freaken rolled over!!!!!

Has this happened to anyone else?? Could it be the diaper or just a coincidence?

It never interferred with Hayden's development but if hers are still really bulky maybe a diff type/brand would be better?

Yeah never hindered Freya, she was rolling/sitting pretty early. Maybe try a less bulky kind?

Firstly hun - there is no "she should" be rolling now. Babies all do things at there own pace and some babies don't roll till way after 6 months.

Imi has been in cloth full time since 6 weeks and she was rolling 360 degrees by the time she was just past 3 months so no, i don't see it being any hinderance x

Cassidy can roll from her back to her front and not the other way round which would be the 'norm'!
Babies develop different skills at different times. I don't personally think cloth nappies hinder development. Infact I think they have helped with Cassidy's sitting up!

If you think it's the nappies stopping your babba from rolling, perhaps try a less bulky nappy as others have suggested :hugs:

All babies are different, like the others have suggested maybe try a different nappy?
Both of mine have rolled and sat at 4 months, one in disposables and one in reusables. I dont think it makes much difference xxx

I though this recently as I had to put him in disposables for a few days and he was able to sit unaided, which he previously had not been able to do. When back in fluffies he still couldn't sit, but a few days later he was doing it in his fluffies. So although they may be a slight hindrence, I don't think it makes a huge difference.
My LO only rolled over at 5 months and sat at nearly 6, so I wouldn't worry hon.

Emma has been rolling full 360 degree rolls since around 3 months. And already is army crawling which is WAY early developmental-wise. I can definitely say that on the days she wears disposables though, she can get around much quicker. :thumbup::hugs:

Well I put a disposable on her today and she's rolling away. She has trouble flattening out her hips with the bum genius. It's way too bulky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->