Bullies at school, what should I do? Update

OmarsMum

Reaction score
At bedtime Omar told me that he is sad, I asks him why, he told me that there are 5 kids hitting him in class, I asked him what does he do when they hit him, he told me nothing as they are bad boy & he doesn't hit back because he is a good boy. When I asked him about the reason he told me that the teacher always gives him stickers for good behaviour & those kids hit him on his hand because of it :(

I asked him if he was joking several times but he told me he wasn't, when he was talking to me he was smiling so I don't really know if it's true or not, he does not lie but he makes up stories but most of them are imaginary & don't involve real people, he always begins the stories with imagine that so I know he is making up a story.

I was thinking of asking the teaching assistant about it indirectly before approaching his key teacher

I feel bad for him, he is well behaved in class & a quiet kid, he told me that he does not have friends as many kids don't want to be friends with him :nope:

If it was me I would just have a quiet word with the teacher and ask her to keep an eye on LO. We had an incident with DS1 when he started school last september where a boy in his class stole his glasses and stamped on them. I had a quiet word with the teacher and she had a little discussion with the whole class about how important glasses are to the people who wear them x

I would speak to the teacher and tell her Omar has told you some children are hitting him, see what she/ he has to say about it. I'd be absolutely fuming.

Aww, I'm sorry for your son. My daughter had an issue with a bully in her preschool last year, the teacher was absolutely useless until the last day of school, it actually took me writing to the management of the preschool for the teacher to finally say anything, but really it was too little too late.

I'd speak to the teacher, give him/her a few days to get the bullies sorted out and if that doesn't work go straight to the principal or whoever is higher up.

I'd definitely be speaking to the teacher, having kids hitting your child is absolutely unacceptable. Maybe they need to keep a closer eye on those particular kids for a while until the behavior stops, as well as having a class discussion about bullying.

I agree with the others. Speak directly with the teacher.

I would also have a discussion with Omar about if it happens again, then he has to tell a teacher straight away.

We had some issues with Joshua and bullies last year. It was actually the teacher that spoke with us first and that they had a discussion with the class about bullying. A couple of months later, two boys ran at Joshua with a skipping rope & pushed him over. It resulted in a stone being lodged in his forehead for a few days. We bypassed his teacher and went straight to the Head. They have since banned skipping ropes at break/dinner time.

I'd have a quiet word and ask them to keep an eye out for any problems but I wouldn't assume it's actually happening as he says it is tbh.

My DS likes to tell me that his friend at school has the same birthday as him, he doesn't at all and he also had a phase of telling me that a boy he didn't like at preschool was jumping on him and hitting him and the teachers did nothing. When I asked them carefully it turned out the boy in question hadn't actually been in one of the days and the other days they were nowhere near each other.

Like mentioned- I'd talk to his teacher. Just schedule a sit down and be honest with what Omar is saying... I know kids can have an imagination, but it certainly doesn't hurt anyone to get to the bottom of it. If only for reassurance. Maybe some of the kids are acting out cause your LO is doing so well. It happens.

Best of luck hun! Hopfully it's sorted soon. :hugs:

I had a talk with his teacher & she confirmed it, some kids are hitting others, Omar is highly sensitive & he doesn't fit in easily, he loves school & his teacher, she told me that they're working on this issue & meanwhile she's going to keep Omar away from that group . I ended up crying on our way home :cry:

I really hope no one picks on his today xx

Sorry hun:( It's never easy knowing your child is having a hard time making friends and on top of that, also having to deal with bullying. Makes it even harder still. Especially when you never want your child to have to deal with those kinds of hardships. Hopefully they'll be able to do a better job of keeping that group of kids away from him.

I had another talk today when I went to pick him up, it seems that Omar is the only kid who doesn't hit back, cry or shout when he gets hit, this is why they are picking on him, the teacher sent an email to the parents of the bullies, I saw one today & I spoke nicely to his elder brother & I spoke to a mum of a girl I know from last year.

His teacher is goin to have a talk with the HOD, she is new & she doesn't know what to do with kids & what type of punishment she should implement in class.

The teacher is American, the majority of kids are locals, with some western expats, we Arab expats are the minority, Omar is the only Arab expat in class, there is a huge cultural differences between us & locals & the way we raise our kids

Anyways I want Omar to start karate classes soon to learn how to defend himself, I don't want him to be that kid who gets picked on in class

I am fuming now, I told him to shout at the kids who bully him, I don't want him to suck it up to try & fit in

Poor Omar :(, I really hope they manage to control the kids soon and they leave your boy alone. I hate bullies :nope: kids can be so cruel. Jacob had a similar problem at pre school, I told him to shout 'go away' to the children, which worked out well as it alerted his teachers straight away to the problem. :hugs:

:hugs: it's horrible feeling helpless to this kind of thing. Charlie had a run in with one boy at school too - Charlie wouldn't let this boy play with his spiderman figure (which he shouldn't have had with him in the first place, he put it in his bag unbeknown to me) so the boy snatched the figure, jumped on it and smashed it :( I spoke to the teacher and she had a word with the boy and I've told Charlie to stay away from him from now on. Some kids are just not nice and this is my biggest concern about school - other kids! Hope Omar doesn't let it get to him, Charlie seems pretty unfazed by that incident so I'm hoping that continues.

Oh poor Omar! I really hope you find a solution. I am terrified of Ben being bullied. He's had a small run in with an older girl but it seems to of passed. For now.
Big hugs hun it's so hard being a mummy and not being able to defend our children!

Oh poor Omar :(. I hope that the teacher gets support in putting good behavior management in place and that the leave Omar (and the rest of the kids!) alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->