Bump growth between 18 and 24 weeks...SHOCKED

Steph_C

Reaction score
Well, had my 24 week appointment with midwife this morning. They measured my bump and bubs is measuring normal, but on the larger side. So, got dh to take a pic of bump, and have just compared it to a 18 wk bump pic ...cannot believe the size difference.
Even went to MIL's today and it's only 2 weeks since I last saw her and she got a shock at the size of bump.

May sound like a dumb question but is it TOO big for 24 weeks?

Attachments

• 1a18wk.jpg
    1a18wk.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 1a24wk.jpg
    1a24wk.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 28
Tbh id say thats a normal growth,ur bump will change all the time as the baby moves around...honestly im almost as big as u now and im only 16 weeks so i really wudnt worry bt it hun u look lovely xxx

Thank you :)
I'm interested to see how big it gets by the end, I feel huge already!:haha:

Oh goodness I was worried about this - I bought my wedding dress at about 12 weeks and it didn't occur to me that when I got married at between 19-20 weeks I'd actually have a bump. Then I read lots of these 'Oh my god where did this bump come from?!?' threads and I know everyone'll be in for a shock on the day.

And I don't think your bump looks too big for 24 weeks at all - there are some ladies on here with 20-22 week bumps that are ginormous!

Totally normal hun, im bigger than u and only 20 weeks ( havent adjusted my ticker since first scan ) xx

Totally normal.. you have a lovely bump

its shocking though isnt it? The difference? Mine at 18 weeks and now at 23 x

It's funny i didn't really notice until i compared the two pics. I had noticed nothing fits me anymore though.
I think a shopping spree is in order :/ lol

I have been stalking threads for baby bump pics between 20 and 24 weeks because bumps seem to get larger during this time. I have noticed that mine is really growing now!

mine has got a lot bigger in the last two week so 21 - 23 weeks. i went from still fitting into my jeans and winter coat to suddenly nothing fitting at all. it was terrible. i went on a maternity clothes shopping spree. i had a week off last week and everyone at the office thought i had grown!

I noticed an intense growth spurt during this time too..my FIL asked are you sure your not having twins??! made me feel huge lol

first 19 weeks, 2nd is 25 weeks

Attachments

• Photo 17_2.jpg
    Photo 17_2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 4
  • -4.jpg
    -4.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads