Bump has gone soft, is this normal?!

Dobsd

Reaction score
I'm almost 34 weeks and so far my bump has been quite hard and firm. Last night I noticed it has gone quite soft and spongy. Is this normal? It's freaking me out!

Yeah, baby probably just changed position like back to back :)

Yeah, baby probably just changed position like back to back :)

Well, I can still feel what I think is her little bottom or maybe her back pressing outwards, that bit is firm still, but all around it is really squishy! I'm just worried as a lady at work said that the day before she went into labour, her stomach went spongy :shrug:

Mine does that :) in fact it's quite squishy this morning. By tonight it will be firm again, you'll see!

Mine does that :) in fact it's quite squishy this morning. By tonight it will be firm again, you'll see!

It is night here now. Well, 8.30pm. And funnily enough, my belly is rock hard again :laugh2:

Does anybody know what causes this? It's very strange!

I've always assumed that it's baby shifting position and laying more in your back, if that makes sense? It happens to me sometimes too, but when I get walking about or doing the house work baby tends to be right at the front and sticking his little bum out :haha:

Mine changed all the time in the last few weeks! Sometimes it felt like I'd just been eating too many pies, others it felt like I had a bowling ball in there!

I found it was more when I'd been laid back like chilling on the couch or sleeping on my back in bed that it was all soft, so I thought it might have been the back to back thing too, or just that baby was kinda further in towards my back if that makes any sense..! Try getting on all fours and maybe swinging your hips from side to side for a bit and see if it changes.

I think it could be to do with the muscles in your stomach too. They're more relaxed in the morning. By the end of the day everything is a bit worn out and tight.

I found it was more when I'd been laid back like chilling on the couch or sleeping on my back in bed that it was all soft, so I thought it might have been the back to back thing too, or just that baby was kinda further in towards my back if that makes any sense..! Try getting on all fours and maybe swinging your hips from side to side for a bit and see if it changes.

Yeah I'll give that a try next time it happens. I find it so hard to tell her position because the placenta is at the front. Hoping she will be in the correct position for labor!!

That happened to me a few weeks ago! It was because baby had changed position, I felt hiccups in a different place for a couple of days. Baby soon got back into his/her usual anterior head-down position and has stayed that way since, thankfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->