Burned on HPT purchase!

Dill

Reaction score
I've always purchased my Wondfos through Amazon. I placed another order recently (I'm a POAS addict and I'm running low) and didn't notice it was through a different seller this time (EverythingDeals instead of USHealthTests and Products). What I got in the mail today was NOT a genuine product. It was an obvious knockoff. The packaging is not remotely similar, they are manufactured in China, they don't even SAY "Wondfo," and I'm really irritated. If I wanted one of these ripoffs, I could've paid less for them off ebay.

SO CRANKY RIGHT NOW. :growlmad:

I contacted Amazon, but in the meantime, I needed to vent.

That is insane. What a thing to make a knock off of. Stuff like that make me sooooo mad. One of my pet-peeves actually. I won't even get started on it. But I hate the people that MAKE the knock offs, I hate that they trick people into buying something fake. And then I also get irritated when people knowingly buy a knock-off just because of the trend. I'm sorry if you are a knock-off buyer, I don't mean to offend you. I just get SO irritated when I see someone walking around with a a knock off Coach or Louis, usually very easily spotted because they look cheap and don't represent the brand at all. I take quality and craftsmanship very seriously. Just like I was telling you I obsess over looking at diamonds through a mag glass for hours. I also Love LOVE LOOOOOOVVVVEEEE getting my hands on Vintage Louis Vuitton bags and examining them for hours. I love staring at the stitching and figuring out what year they were made and where by identifying all of their unique details. I had one bag I was OBSESSED with, that if I remember was made in France in the 40's or something? It was a while back, but I loved imagining the life it had before me. Who owned it, where it's traveled. Etc.

OMG I AM SO SORRY. I don't know where that rant came from. I'm on some pain pills that make me a chatter box.

I'm sorry you got ripped off, and I am filled with a little bit of rage over it. How low can they be. I'd definitely file a complaint with amazon. ... but at the same time... wonder if they work?

The knockoffs have bad reviews. Looks like I'm not the only one who got bait-and-switched. Granted, Wondfos are cheapies, too, but they're at least decent! Marketing obvious fakes as the real deal is bs.

I could never afford real designer bags, lol, but I wouldn't buy a knockoff and pass it off as the real thing. (My Coach bag was a gift.)

Don't get between a poas addict and her pee sticks, dangit, hahaha.

Seriously, my rant was so uncalled for. Can I delete it? These pills make me chatter away. Anyway, I've seen quite bait of bait and switch on Amazon as well, for many different things. I have pretty much quit buying anything there, because I truly never know who I'm buying from and what I'm buying. Annoying. My lizard is running around the house like crazy right now. He must sense that I'm pissed off about your pee sticks. lol. I hope amazon is good at dealing with your situation. fingers crossed. So much finger crossing on this site!

PS, I could never afford designer bags either. Until one time I saved and saved. Now I actually haven't bought a bag in years because the quality is so damn good, I haven't needed to. But I will always snag a vintage if I come across one. They are the most amazing. My husband was wanting a briefcase for a while. He was eyeing some really nice expensive ones. I on the other hand was IN LOVE with the durability and look of the vintage coach. I convinced him that if I could win one on ebay, that he would give it a fair chance, and that we could get him something nicer if he still didn't like it after he saw it. I ended up winning for $34 bucks. When the package came and he opened it up, he fell head over heels. More obsessed than me! He takes it everywhere and has found discovered the passion that I have. There's just something about a nice patina that makes me melt.

And dang, a Coach bag as a gift?! Pretty sweet!!!

Yeah, I was pretty happy about it, even if it was a regift. :) It's a great bag, but I'm already destroying it. The trim has worn through on a lower corner. I'm tough on my purses. Just glad I didn't pay for it, haha.

Amazon was AWESOME about my complaint! They said I don't have to return the knockoffs -- they're issuing me a full refund and will pay for 2-day shipping on a re-order if it's something that can be fulfilled by Amazon themselves and not a third-party seller. I'm trying to find out now if "fulfilled by Amazon" on behalf of a third-party seller counts, since Amazon itself doesn't seem to sell them.

Oh wow, I'm glad Amazon isn't giving you a hassle! That's always a very nice surprise. You were trying to buy OPKs or pG tests?

HPTs for pregnancy tests. I get the cheaper Babi brand for my ovulation tests -- they work great. But I like my Wondfos for pregnancy testing! No indents, and I've never had a false positive.

I was curious and decided to open one of the knockoffs. Blue handle, rather than pink, but otherwise looked pretty much the same. I ran it under some water to check out the lines ... water ran through the strip much slower than the Wondfo, and the control line was pretty darn faint and not located 1/3 of the way down.

I was wondering if someone was selling blue-handled knockoffs, because I've been seeing a lot of them showing up on the HPT gallery at CTP and kept thinking, "...but the handles are pink!" Now I know.

Detective Dill is kind of a big Dill. Well done cracking the mystery of the blue handled cheapies!! :)

...I have to confess, I even have a shirt with a pickle that says "Kind of a Big Dill" hahaha.

ANYWAY. I'm really bad about researching things into the ground until I'm satisfied. I'm infamous for it at work. ...I may be a little obsessive.

I do the same thing. It's almost like a hobby. I LOVE to research every detail I can get my hands on. It is so relaxing to me... almost like a form of meditation? LOL

So.... are you just really into pickles... or...?

The researching really soothes my anxiety. As long as I feel that there are things I may not understand that are just big question marks in a problem I want to solve, I can't relax!

It's a name-related joke/pun, haha. I may as well roll with it. :D

Wait, why didn't it show up? I asked if it was Dylan? but the comment isn't there..

Lol nope! But believe me, that is on my list of baby names, hahahahaha. I have an aunt who swears I must be joking. She will be horrified when it happens. :rofl:

Dylan? I Love love LOVE that name! Boy OR Girl.

Yep, it's my favorite boy name. :) My dad is so hoping we have a boy. He's got nothing but granddaughters, and my sister insists she's done having kids!

That is so funny you even say that. Just earlier today I was thinking if I ever had a boy I love the name Dylan... EVEN THOUGH there were some boys I went to school with, named Dylan, that I couldn't stand. lol

Do you want a boy or girl? Or do you care?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->