"But All Kids Do That"

My son was behind on his physical milestones. He didn't sit up on his own until a year. That's when he crawled and he didn't walk until 21 months. The social stuff seemed normal to me at the time (being my first baby and all) but looking back on old videos I can see some of the red flags.

And yeah, I'm so hyper-vigilant with my daughter. I saw her doctor yesterday and he's happy with her development and ability to engage and joint attention. Made me feel loads better. But it's still hard to just sit back and enjoy her.

Hi, my son is dyspraxic and I get what u are saying, if I try and explain his difficulties in too hear, yeah but is that not just boys, or mine is the same. No, no they aren't. Exactly the same as dealing with two yr old twins having tantrums is not the same as their one child doing it. I don't think they mean any wrong by what they say, I think they think they're empathising with us, trying to make us feel better and not alone, but instead it feels like they're belittling our child's needs and efforts. Not to mention the support, heartache and general worry us parents deal with alongside it all. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->