butt is numb after csection?

19Mommy

Monicas Mommy
Reaction score
I had a csection monday and I thought it was from the bed there but my butt went numb the day after (the top of my butt). Now that im home almost a week later it still friggin hurts to sit and my butt is still numb. anyone else? is this normal?

I had 2 c-sections and never experienced this or heard of anyone experiencing this. I would deff make an appointment to be seen.

I did not have a c-section, but i did have a spinal (i assume you had one, or an epidural - they are both similar!). my left outer thigh and left foot was numb after i had LO, i put it down to the spinal and being in bed but 6 months later it is still there occassionally (but it is not constant anymore!). I saw the anaesatist who said if it remained for 6 months it was permenant nerve damage. The intensity of the numbness has eased now and it still flairs up occassionally but normally when it is cold outside. I would speak to your midiwfe who may be able to get you an appointment with the anaesatist to discuss it.
The anaesatist said to me that they can give medication to ease it but i did not want that.

Any surgery can screw up the nerves in the area of the incision (and I imagine the spinal/epidural could as well). I didn't have a c-section, but I did experience what you're describing on my lower leg after a knee surgery years ago. The skin on my shin would alternate between just being numb to a weird feeling like someone was scraping their nails down my leg. I had it on and off for a few months like that and it eventually cleared up as the nerves healed and sorted themselves out. I would mention it to your doctor, but it might just be one of those things that you need to give some time to heal. C-sections are hard on the body, like any major surgery, so you'll need time to recover.

I had a c-section at the beginning of Feb, with a spinal block and I'm just losing the numb bum feeling now. My MW, health visitor and Dr all said it's normal after a CS due to nerve damage. Just be aware of your seating position as I experience coccyx pain because I wasn't aware it was hurting me! It will go in time, but it seems people vary in how long it takes and some people will always have numb patches.
Hope your recovery goes well :flower:

I had a c section 3 weeks ago and never had a numb bum but had numbness around my jelly belly and they said that was normal :wacko: but i would defo check with your doc and hv just to be safe :) also i think you have your 6 week check up at the hospital so if you havent seen anyone by then you can always ask at that :flower: hope you get your feeling back soon xx

I had a c-section 10 days ago but didn't have a spinal, It was done user general anaesthetic and I have this exact same thing! It's horrible. Did it ease off for you and how long did it take? X

Bumping

I have this. How did this turn outfit others long term

I had a numb bum for about a week afterwards. Can only guess it was a mixture of the epidural and from mostly remaining in bed for the first 4 days.

Hi. I too have a numb butt that gets very sore when I sit or lay down. Something a person does quite often! It's been one week since my C-section. I'm so worried that I have permanent nerve damage or might always feel this way. In the first few days I just attributed it to the hospital bed and being more immobile after surgery. Days later, event though I'm home and moving around, the pain level is the same. I talked with the nurse today who advised it was probably due to the anesthetic (spinal) and that I should bring it up with my Doctor in my 6 week follow up appointment if I still the feel the same. This doesn't really help me now! I'm worried sick over it. And so nervous that it's been a week and still the pain is the same. I too wanted to ask for others who experienced this, how long did it last for and did it go away completely for you? Is there anything your Doctor told you to do? Thank you so much for any input.

Mine last probably 10 weeks which felt like forever. But it finally just went away. It was terrible and something I never heard of before

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->