Butter, Eggs, Questions LOL!

MrsBop

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
We do BLW and we love it, we started off with a few purees too but now shes got the hang of eating we've cut down and she has a lumpy puree occassionally. Last night I was making scrambled egg on toast for myself and put an extra slice of toast in for Mailie, I buttered it and told DH to give her it, he went mad because it had butter on it, can she not have butter??? :wacko: It's not even butter its that like butter stuff, Asda's own brand to be precise :haha: is it bad for her? I give her toast loads to be honest, it's her favourite.

Also I've read some of you give scrambled egg, is that just the yolk with milk or the egg white too? :shrug: I use free range eggs if that makes a difference.

Ohhhh and cheese :haha: Mailie loves cheese, can she have all cheese except soft cheese? She pinched Noah's dairylea cheese string thing off him last night and wolfed it down without so much as chewing, greedy girl :haha:

Thats it for now, thanks lol!

I don't know what the "right" answer is, but I give Violet toast near enough every day and she has 'can't believe it's not butter' or something like that. As long as it's not loaded with salt then it's fine? Babies should really have full fat dairy products anyway.

As for the eggs, I use the whole of the egg mixed with cows milk... I give her it how I have mine.

Not sure about the cheese, think you're right though.

Like I said, I don't know whether there are any "official rules" or not but that's what I do and she's fine.

I don't know what the "right" answer is, but I give Violet toast near enough every day and she has 'can't believe it's not butter' or something like that. As long as it's not loaded with salt then it's fine? Babies should really have full fat dairy products anyway.

As for the eggs, I use the whole of the egg mixed with cows milk... I give her it how I have mine.

Not sure about the cheese, think you're right though.

Like I said, I don't know whether there are any "official rules" or not but that's what I do and she's fine.

I'll carry on as I am then, thanks hun! You'd honestly think it was the 1st time I'd done this :blush:

i asked the woman who was doing the weaning course i just did (was total crap BTW) and she said at 6 months they can have everything except honey and whole nuts etc.

i have (literally) just started BLW with Bug and we use unsalted Lurpack as they're meant to have whole fat stuff but so long as its not loaded with salt and isnt a low fat weightwatchers type of thing then its good :thumbup:

you're right about cheese - everything except soft unpasturised ones and eggs are good too so long as they are well cooked all thru :D

sara

xxxxxxxx

I am 2 days late but I found this about eggs. I only feed Athena egg yolk because I have been told by many people that you should wait for a year to have egg whites due to allergies.
https://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/when-can-my-baby-eat-eggs.html

Apparently the salmonella (which is the main reason for not giving eggs) is on the shell most of the time, so it's best to scald the egg in boiling water for 5 seconds before using, and not crack into whatever you're going to be cooking..
I think recommendations vary from around the world, the UK is cautious about salmonella because they had really bad cases in the 80s/90s (I think) whereas they didn't in some other countries so the advice is different.
I've found that the US has a whole long list of things you shouldn't give a baby, and allergens I've never heard of.
Weird how it's so different from around the world.
I give Sofia proper butter. I can't eat butter myself so have an alternative. I think the monosaturates in some margarine type things are a worry too?
Soft cheese include unpasturised camembert, brie etc, not dairylea.

Thanks everyone, we still haven't attempted eggs yet, she's had a bit of a dodgy tummy so we're sticking with stuff she's had before for now, think its her teeth playing up but we're getting no sleep as it is without potentionally making it worse lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->