buying a car second hand help!

sweetlullaby

Reaction score
I will hopefully be buying a car in the next few days! Its a second hand one so im a little bit lost on what all I have to do and check etc oh will be coming with me which will be a big help with checking the car over and test driving it etc but ive no idea about anything else and how do you do the exchange of payment and the car I don't feel carrying a large amount of cash to meet a stranger is a good idea can you do it in a bank or via transfer to their account or anything like that? Also is their a check you do to make sure the cars not stolen or anything like that? Lol

You can pay to get an AA check done I think it is which will ensure there is no outstanding finance on the car Nd it isn't stolen. If the car is around 8-10 years old I wouldn't bother as it won't be but any younger you should get it checked. If you are getting it from a dealership they will probably accept a deposit in cash and the rest through transfer if its private you can go back with the money so your not carrying it about.

Ideally a car with a full years MOT and tax is what you would want also ask to see the MOT certificate as there will be advisories on there-you don't need to get these done ASAP but they will need done eventually x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->