Buying Baby Stuff while TTC

ama216

Reaction score
I know I will probably get a lot of negative comments, but is there anyone else out there who considers buying baby stuff while TTC? I am 26 and this is our first month TTC. I know that it may take a while, but I am just so excited! I only want to buy stuff that I think I won't be able to find later. I also want to have some stuff to help ease the financial stress later. What are your thoughts?

I understand! I've stopped myself so far, but its so hard! By biggest reasons for not going ahead and getting stuff is that I think it would make it harder on me, should it take awhile or something goes wrong. It's so hard though! There have been some beautiful muslin blankets at my local marshalls lately that have been painful to pass up. I just keep telling myself it will feel even better to buy them when it's for "real"! I'm in my first month TTC my first as well. I think that you should do whatever you and your partner feel is best for you!

My DH is just as excited as I am! The only thing I have bought so far is an adorable pair of infant Sperrys. I look all the time, but I'm only going to buy if it is something really special. I hope it happens soon for both of us!

I'm totally with you on this! I bought a Christmas stocking and cap this past holiday season that says, "Baby's 1st Christmas" and today I bought a little outfit with a hat & booties to bring baby home in. I'm actually only buying pink stuff, but I reason this with the thought that if it happens to be a boy, I'll either donate to someone/somewhere or gift to a friend (since I seem to be invited to baby showers at least twice a year).

I try to fight the urge. It makes it that much harder if you get a negative pregnancy test. There really isn't anything you can get now that you can't get later. I mean if I found an AMAZING deal on some things I would def jump on it but it would have to be a crazy good deal.

I am with you ladies, it's so hard to resist. I started ttc in sept and had a few things for baby before BFP two months later. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in miscarriage and honestly, I haven't stopped buying things here and there. I don't have a ton but I'm a sucker for a good deal! I'm convinced that I will have a child one day. I don't see the harm in it.

I have a cupboard full, started buying the month before we even started trying. There was some things, basics and absolute essancials, that were 25-50% off in the sale. We decided that there was no point in paying full price in several months when we can get things that cheap now. Will get used no matter how long it takes to concieve, wether it's a boy or a girl, twins or a singleton. We are planning on keeping the sex a surprise so would have been buying this stuff unisex anyway.

I don't buy anything in my own country and won't until I'm at last 12 weeks. I still have a big box of stuff as my parnter and I traveled extensively 18 months ago and made a point of picking something special from each country.

I also sew and whilst I never set out to make anything for us some things get kept as they end up favorites and I am banned by the man from giving them away!

I have, I bought a crib, and the tommee tippee perfect prep :blush:

Hahaa I'm shocking; I've been ttc for about 2 years now and have bought loads of bits and bobs I have a plastic tub at my mums filled with bits and bobs. Just cheap stuff at sales, or end of season etc. I have relatively expensive taste in baby things - so I was like well at least if start "pre baby" I won't have a trouble with stuff. My sister also pointed out that if i have all of newborn sizes before baby comes - then i can use the newborn stages to buy 3 month stuff, and 3 month stages to buy 6 months and so on - just to always be ahead. However; as well as stashing stuff a lot of what I've bought has also ended up gifted. 2 years of ttc, have meant a lot of pregnancy announcements from friends and stuff too. I figure - ONE day they will get used, and its all unisex (like you twinmum - id wanna keep the gender a secret; so would be buying unisex also anyway) so theres no biggie that i see. I'm not superstitious or anything; and just like the idea of paying a fraction of the price.

My mum has even bought stuff for me for whenever this baby is made ^.^

I always have. Even with PCOS and years of fertility issues I still had a box I kept my baby stuff in up in my closet. Strange as it may sound, sometimes the only thing that comforted me in a moment of disappointment was tucking away something cute my future baby could someday wear.

I think it helps with the subconscious mind. It is harder to doubt things when you are preparing for them. I put away baby items for months before I ever got pregnant and I still have a box for my future son when he gets here.

I think its good to nurture your excitement, it keeps your thoughts light and positive, which is exactly where they need to be. Plus it's awful nice to see that BFP and know in the back of your mind that you already have this, that, and the other ready for them. :thumbup:

I don't see anything wrong with it, I have an attic full of my son's baby things so how is it any different? I also bought some 6-9 month vests in a charity shop the other day because I loved them lol, we're not even TTC yet and my our son is 2.5!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->