Buying for baby

Tweeks

Reaction score
Hey ladies, just after some advice and suggestions for buying things for baby. The one I'm trying to tackle today is sleeping newborn arrangements and what to use for this. With Aurora we used the Pram function on her travel system as she was so small and I didn't like the amount of space around her in the Moses basket. We also had a Moses basket and while she eventually used it, I hated it. I've been looking at co sleepers and also travel cots with the adjustable height mattresses. Baby will eventually sleep in Aurora's room in his own cot but not until 7 months plus depending on either child's sleep pattern as they'll have to share so this is for our bedroom and we don't have the space for a fully blown cot in our bedroom.

So what are you ladies going to b using for newborn sleep? Provide links and mini reviews if you don't mind as I never trust the reviews on sites. :)

Thanks in advance. <3

I am ordering this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4BABY-WHITE-WAFFLE-GREY-WICKER-NOAH-POD-MOSES-BASKET-DELUXE-ROCKING-STAND-/311427533032?hash=item48828708e8:g:mH0AAOSw9N1V001C

I have absolutely no idea, we are being given a cot and I'm hoping I can attach it to the side of our bed if the heights measure up :wacko:

We dont really have the room for a full sized cot either so today I have spent emptying the large cupboards rearranging and with a shuffle around I'm hoping it will fit at a squeeze my poor DS is loosing a lot of what little space he has as I will need to remove my chest of draws and have no where else for them to go

We're gonna use our Moses basket again to save on money, but if we could we were gonna buy this

https://www.mothercare.com/Chicco-N...es&returnSrule=null&start=&returnScrollPos=21

My newborn sleeps in his cot in our bedroom - none of my babies seem to settle in Moses baskets and I find them a little pointless because our experience is so rubbish with them! X

We used a swinging crib last time, DS hated it a barely spent any time in it. We're getting a Chicco next to me this time (the one fruitmash linked to) and will use a sleepyhead in it.

We used a swinging crib last time, DS hated it a barely spent any time in it. We're getting a Chicco next to me this time (the one fruitmash linked to) and will use a sleepyhead in it.

Same as above, we are getting a Chicco next to me :)

While the baby is little, we're planning to have her sleep in a Fisher Price Rock n Play. Are you in the states or the uk? I'm not sure if they have those outside the states. When she's bigger, baby will move to her crib in the nursery.

We had a Tiny Love Rocker Napper
https://www.uberkids.co.uk/Product....ers & Swings&gclid=CIrjk7i3n84CFVFuGwodkE0ELQ
for daytime naps last time. But it would also work for night time sleep until baby can sit up by themselves. I'd buy a new (Moses basket) mattress for is, because it comes with a very thin one but other than that it's pure parenting magic. Baby lies completely flat but the whole bed can be tilted up slightly at the head in case of reflux. There's a vibration function which used to calm our newborn down instantly and a music and light toy as well. Plus it's smaller than a standard Moses basket so doesn't take up much room at all.
We're going to opt for our trusty side-sleeper for night time sleep though. I bought it from someone on eBay who makes them to measure for our first. Was about £80 if I remember? It's so handy having baby right next to you and reassuring for them.

Thanks for the responses ladies. I'd love the Chicco next to me, I don't know if I can part with £165 though. :blush: We've got to get a new travel system as Aurora's is purple and they discontinued everything to do with my old travel system. I've searched high and low for the bits on eBay/gumtree. I also want baby boy to have his own infant car seat and they don't do the car seat adaptors. I now know why my travel system was such a low price.

I have bought a baby hammock fingers crossed it works a treat x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->