Buying presents

scsweetness86

Reaction score
So I have a premie baby who is now 20 weeks old, although she was born 7 weeks early. She is developing fairly on track with other babies her age although some things she is a little slower on, but not enough for cause to worry as her doctor said. my question is, we are trying to plan for her first christmas and i wanted to know, at 7 months, almost 8, what kind of things will she be using or able to enjoy? what toys ( interactive or other ) will she be able to handle or want to play with? i want her first christmas to be great, but as she's just now starting to grab things and shake or hold on to them ( such as her rattle, stuffed animals, blankets ) i don't know what she'll be doing at that point and what to get her. thanks in advance.

Matthew was also 7 weeks early and is now 28 weeks, so a little older, to be honest your wee bubbles will be spoilt rotten by family and were not going nuts (so far she says) even if its things your baby wont yet be interested in at christmas id go for things that maybe 9-12 months+ that will get used. Anything noisy musical instruments etc will go down a treat, a walker im sure a baby annabel or silmilar dolly wont go wrong. The santa's grotta section is already open on this forum and has some fab threads about gift ideas x

Brooke is 8 months old next week, and she was also 7 weeks early!

At the moment, Brooke REALLY enjoys her Jumperoo and her door bouncer, she loves her stacking rings (as they rattle) and reading books-especially the "thats not my. . ." books.

Iv just bought her this too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

she absolutly LOVES it!! :cloud9:

She'll love anything you buy her :flower:

we are DEFINATELY getting her a jumperoo as my nephew loved his! but that doll you sent a link of, that is awesome! i will probably be stealing your idea and getting one for little abby. haha. but thanks so much! its just so frustrating to go to the store and see all these toys and things that are for babies of certain ages that they are supposed to interact with and what not and abby just has no interest in them. but put the dog or a rattle in front of her, and she's perfectly content. in fact, she seems happiest laying on the floor with the dog laying next to her. lol.

https://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo59/scsweetness86/FotoFlexer_Photo2.jpg

My son was born a looot earlier than your little angel (16 weeks) but I too find it very frustrating that toys say a certain age...but in reality Lakai isn't very interested in many of them.

I think the musical toys with lots of flashing lights and sounds, overwhelm a lot of preemies (including mine).

Right now Lakai is seven months corrected....and he LOVES the following things...

Go Baby Go Bat and Wobble Penguin

Stack and Surprise Train

Nesting blocks, by Melissa and Doug...he loves when I build them and he knocks them down. And it's very educational for them because they learn that an object can be one thing and become another..

Fisher Price Mailbox
<---that one he LOVES! I think its sounds are annoying..but he LOVES it.

Also nesting and stackable bowls are a big hit.

He likes the water mat we just got him.

And of course...our dog too! =)

Like the other girls say, you LO will love whatever you buy, even if some of the things she will not get much use out of until she is a little bit older.

Poppy has always loved lying on her back and playing too - even once she could sit up and crawl. She just seems happy in that position, usually looking at a book or having a good old shake of a maraca!

She also loves those 'That's not my...' books and her recent fave thing is a VTech Nursery Rhyme book. The music does my head in but she gets a lot of enjoyment out of opening & shutting it!!
https://www.vtechuk.com/products-and-accessories/nursery-rhymes-book/

Oh and this ball!
https://www.justjellycat.co.uk/Jell...er/Hoopy-Loopy-Boing-Ball/p-212-207-210-1834/

My mum bought Poppy the Dolly that Donna mentioned, when she was tiny, and she still likes playing with that now, so that's a good investment! :)

PS Gypsy and Abby are gorgeous!! I love boxers!! xx

Bec L, that ball looks fab!! I may get one for Brooke for Christmas!

We should start a presents for Preemies thread in the christmas section. . . investment toys :lol:

Bec L, that ball looks fab!! I may get one for Brooke for Christmas!

We should start a presents for Preemies thread in the christmas section. . . investment toys :lol:

Great idea!

It's funny, that ball is such a simple toy but Poppy spends ages playing with it. Now she is crawling she can zip around after it too. We even got a 2nd one at my mum and dad's so she has one there too :)

all such great ideas! thanks so much! now i have something to get me started at least. We're going to get her an exersaucer for her BIG present from santa, but we went and got her a jumperoo last night and she was okay for the first ten minutes, but she's so tiny still that her legs don't reach the floor and she got frusterated i think with just hanging. lol. but i think she'll enjoy it once she's a bit bigger.

We're at about the same stage as you and we have a little fabby Abby too! (Although sometimes she can be a crabby Abby.....)

She is 22 weeks, 11 weeks corrected. We were thinking of getting a couple of books and perhaps a baby walker, but we'll just see closer to the time. I find toys for them at this age are very difficult to buy, but to be honest, macaroni in a plastic tub works fine as a rattle and in fact, until quite recently, the best way to catch her attention especially if she was whingy, was to crinkle a plastic back beside her head. "mr crinkly bag" became her best friend when we were changing her.

I know our families are going to go nuts, so I've asked they stick to one gift each and put some money in her bank if they want to give more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->