BV

magrace

Mom and Pregnant
Reaction score
Hey Ladies, since with my bf for 2 years now I have been getting bacterial vaginosis. Ive had it 3 times in the past year. Its so annoying, I get meds from the doc to make it go away but it always comes back. Does anyone know anything special to make it stay gone!!! DYING HERE! errrr

I wish I knew! I have a similar post with no answers...been with my boyfriend 4 years, and I get the "do you have multiple sexual partners?" UM NO. I don't understand, I've looked online and only heard of taking acidophilus and folic acid daily..just googled acidophilus and folic acid for bv. And there is a lot of people who have tried using them different ways. I haven't tried yet..but I am going to soon I thinK!

I wish I knew! I have a similar post with no answers...been with my boyfriend 4 years, and I get the "do you have multiple sexual partners?" UM NO. I don't understand, I've looked online and only heard of taking acidophilus and folic acid daily..just googled acidophilus and folic acid for bv. And there is a lot of people who have tried using them different ways. I haven't tried yet..but I am going to soon I thinK!

I went to my doctor and he told me to stock up on my vitamins cause my immune system is down. so Ive been taking my prenatals.

I had this before having kids. I was in and out of the Planned Parenthood trying to get it under control (my doctor is never in!) and finally had a lovely older doctor explain it was because of becoming "active" for the first time. Sorry for TMI. But he said it any changes to the body... new partner, child birth, even different soap can cause an imbalance. I did everything right and am a very clean person (but no douching) and overall had it 2-3 times as well as UTIs.

Basically what was happening was happening he said was the infection was bouncing from the urethra to that area back and forth. He said this can commonly happen with women, depending on body structure and chemistry. Apparently some people just have a very sensitive body and I have sensitive skin all over so I guess its just me.

What finally seemed to help was acidophilus, daily vitamins, cranberry juice (the real stuff you dilute with water), and lots and lots of water and green tea. There are other foods which purify the body and specifically the 'fluids' in that area such as mango, pineapple, and melon. I'm not sure if it will help BV but I figure it can't hurt.

whenever i would have my attacks, i'd eat some yogurt and that would always make it go away. i'm not sure how severe mine was though

I get this quite often, I think my hormones are out of whack due to being sterilized.
I had the antibiotic gel and that got rid, and it still came back. I did a lot of looking online and came across a product called balance activ. Its natural and recommeneded by lots of health advisors.
It cost £10 for a pack of 7 gel filled tubes, I get mine from boots. They say to use it daily when you have symptoms for a week, then 2/3 weekly to maintain the ph. I also use a couple the last days of my period and one after doing the deed. Its keeping the Bv at bay, and i feel so much better x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->