C-section and TTC

raychmumtobe

Mummy to my Boofles <3
Reaction score
Hi ladies, so i had my daughter via an emergency c-section 4 months ago, and me and OH have decided we want to start trying again, as of next thursday when i have my implant taken out.

I know there are risks to having another baby so soon after a c-section, but we dont want to wait any longer... Can anyone let me know of any successful pregnancies so soon after a c-section?
Or inform me of the risks?
I babywear too, so not sure if ill be able to wear LO once i get pregnant.
Any info would be appreciated.

I concieved 12 months after having a section and all was fine! If however you are in any doubt wether to try as of yet why not drop by your doctors surgery xx

I concieved 12 months after having a section and all was fine! If however you are in any doubt wether to try as of yet why not drop by your doctors surgery xx

Ive already spoke to my GP, who says that if i did get pregnant within a year of having a c-section, it would be a very high risk pregnancy, and very unlikely i would get my VBAC, if i made it to full term.

Im just wondering what my chances are of getting to full term?
I dont think i could handle a miscarriage.. xx

I know it's incredibly hard when you are feeling broody isn't is! Why don't you start taking your folic acid again and getting your body 'ready' for your next pregnancy? Then it's like you are starting the journey towards pregnancy... but waiting a bit longer, upon your doctors advice!
I know i myself am no good at waiting...but honestly, with a new born demanding your attention, the months will fly xx

Hi hun, I've just started NTNP 12 months on from having an emergancy section. I think the advice for pregnancy after a c section is to wait 2 years (which I am not doing) but this is actually the same for vaginal births too. It's about making sure your body has recovered from one pregnancy before being pregnant again.
There are additional risks after a section because of the scar and to the best of my knowledge the risks are greater if you conceive again within the first six months. Because of the risk of uterine rupture during labour most places wouldn't let you opt for a VBAC until 18 months after your section.
At the end of the day the decision is you and your partners but hard as it is when youre mega broody would it be worth waiting another 6 months or so?
I've heard of people on here who have had happy, healthy pregnancy's almost immediately after a section and you could do too but is it worth it of you're going to spend 9 months really anxious about what could go wrong?
Best wishes whatever you decide xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->