C-Section with general anesthesia

Jbee_

Reaction score
Have any of you ladies been completely knocked out? I'm concerned with my lungs. It's the 5th day and when I wake up my lungs are very tired and I'll get tired when I move a lot. I've also been spitting lots of phlegm. Could it be the anesthesia? Should I tell my doctor? My staples are being taken out on Monday

Hmm, doesn't sound too good. I was knocked out as well but other than having a sore throat (from them sticking a tube down there) I didn't really have any problems. Maybe you caught a bug? Hospitals can be bad for spreading infections and phlegm seems to suggest an infection but I think you'd have a fever too if it was that. I'd definitely contact a doctor anyways.

I had similar feelings when I had the flu while pregnant -- tight and heavy chest which made it hard to breathe, waking up feeling strained in the chest, etc.

Yup. I had a GA with my son just over 2 weeks ago and had HEAPS of gunk coming up in the first week or so, I put it down to the GA as I didn't have anything of the sort with #1.

hi. when i had my daughter i had G/a and i coughed my lungs up lol tho the hospital sent in a physio to teach me how not to hurt when coughing . they also took the phlem away to see if i had a infection :flower:

It took me a few days for the stuff to get out of my throat. The nurses told me that since they put the tube down my throat it makes it irritated and can take a while. Makes sense that you get tired when you move cause you had something in your lungs and its still healing so your lungs aren't 100% recovered,if that makes any sense. I would still talk to your doctor though.

ohhh poor you. like others have said, i had the sore throat, and felt very queesy after but no gunk x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->