C-Section Wound Leaking.. HELP.

gemmax89

Reaction score
I had an emergency c-section a week today. It started to sting and ooze on 2 sides. When midwifes looked at it they said it was looking alittle sore but to persist with cleaning and airing the area. I have abit of an overhang from being pregnant and the skin is completely numb there.. Its hard to air it when the only comfy position i can sit in is sitting upright on edge of chair...

Anyways, went to hospital yesterday to get it looked at and they said its sore and oozing and that it looks like i have a hematoma under the skin which is pushing on the wound.. Ive been given antibotics and dressings to put underneath, but i woke this morning with all the dressings soaked through with yellow and blood stains.. surely this is something to worry about???

I had dissolvable stitches. anyone experienced the same thing as me, im trying to shower twice a day and redressing.

Ouch! :( I'm not sure if you could do the same, but mine was sore and one spot was bleeding where the mw cut me taking the stitches out, it was red around it and where she cut me, bled all the time, so I asked the MW about using a bit of sudacrem and she said it was fine to use a little. I swear that cleaning my wound twice a day and drying it out and putting on a bit of sudacrem was how mine healed so well without soreness for too long.

Not sure if you could use it with hematoma under the skin (as I'm not too clued up on what that is :blush:) but it definitely helped with having an overhang.

Hope you feel better soon, I think the worst thing about a CS is the aftercare :(

I had the exact same thing with DS and I was told to put HOT water in a clean bowl with plenty of epsom salt and with a clean cloth apply the water/salt on the wound for 10-15 mins 4X a day and then air out for 10 mins each time. Worked in no time at all. Hope you feel bette soon.

It sounds like you have an infection of the wound, does it smell? Mine was really bad when my baby was around 2 weeks old but it did clear up. If you are worried go to your doctor :hugs: xx

I had an infection - it took me telling doctors, about 3 midwifes and a few nurses before one of them would test me, I hate any health professional now cause of them, grrr idiots, they can perform c sections but they cant see a puss infection lol rant over ave no time for midwifes now

I had this. I stood up one day and my trousers where soaked through. It lasted about 6 hours. The hospital told me it was a good thing as the haemotoma
(sp) was going and breaking up. If it hadn't have done that then i would have had a lump that was hard and i may have had to have it drained. Once it leaked really bad it dried up. I wore a big nightie with no pants on for a few days and i dried up. My pants would rub and make it sore. About 6 weeks after the big leaking one of the areas where the stitches had been re-opened and leaked a little bit. I had to get more antibiotics.

i had this with our daughter, def. an infection, i'd double check you don't need a change of antibiotics too, you might need something stronger. make sure you keep it as dry as possible, which i found near impossible too, due to over hang. if you have time (i no it's a nightmare at first :hugs:) try to roll your pants down and let it get air. i used to pop a sanitary towel and or sterile cloth to help keep it dry and clean it up. we too used to bathe it with the solution mentioned.
do hope you feel better soon, if you do feel any worse, day or night, make sure you get a doctor out, it does take time to heal, but i promise you will feel better soon :hugs: xxx

Update -

Hi Ladies.
Thanks for your response. Turns out there is no hematoma, just alot of pressure and build up from the infection. I was on Augmetin Antibiotics but after taking a swab of my infection, ive been changed onto Flucoxocillin. I have district nurses coming out now daily to change my dressing and cleaning the wound for me, as the leaking had become uncontrolable... Feeling abit brighter, but wishing that recovery would speed up alittle.

Glad it's getting sorted out. Mine was fine fo the first three weeks then it started to swell and get really red. I went on antibiOtics but it was too late. My dr said that I had an infection and that it would leak out - A LOT. He said not to be worried about the volume but that it would be a ton of ooze and it was! My god it was horrid! It was like toothpaste coming out of me forever. Lterally squeezing out of my body. He said it was the best thin that could have happened and now I was on the road to recovery.

I guess I'm just sharing my story because I k ow how horrid the leakin is!!!

Hope it clears up soon, I had an infection in mine and I swear by tea tree lotion, I was on antibiotic but it felt 100 times better after using the tee tree lotion on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->