C-section

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
I had a c-section & am now after tips / advice on loosing weight?

When can I exercise? What exercise can I do?

Should I join slimming world or weight watchers online?

id wait til at least 6 weeks afterwards to do any strenuous forms of exercise. did the mw's give u any exercises? i was given a sheet of exercises that i could do to tone up stomach muscles, and im now doing pilates 4 months on.
diet wise i havent dieted but was back to my pre preg weight within 3 weeks. just give yourself time and take it easy as poss, a c section is major surgery

The MW's didn't give me any exercises to do.

Me & LO go for a walk most days normally 20 mins - 30 mins, today it was more cause we went to town with my mum. Some days I can feel I've done too much though as I have pains in my lower belly / side area.

Lucky you, I got about 2 stone I want to shift! At least 1 stone to go back to my pre-preg weight!

Just eating healthy for now, and keep up your walking.

I'd probably say wait till 8 weeks before start doing more challenging cardio work.

just take your time, and take it easy as poss. i still get pains in my scar

I was back in the Gym at 6 weeks PP. Prior I was walking everyday. I was just doing cardio, until about 12 weeks PP. Then I just did regular workouts from there on out. I wouldn't do any heavy lifting or weights until after 12 weeks you don't want to strain anything.

I know with weight watchers they do not let you join unless you have had your 6 week check. They quized me when they saw my baby and he was nearly 4 months! As for excersise i was told to wait 3 months before you go for it with exersise my scar is still a bit painful at times and Ciaran is almost 5 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->