C-sections and slings

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
Anyone else have a c-section? How long before you could wear a carrier or sling? I cant wear the babasling cos it pushes on my tummy and the front carrier does aswell, and shes now 9pounds! how long till it is all healed and ok to carry?

aww hun, Ava is Gorgeous!!! :cloud9: i didnt have a section but i would imagine till you feel comfortable lifting things etc you'll not feel happy using carriers..... i would defo hold off on the Baba sling for now as slings tend to put more pressure on you whereas front carriers i.e aMoby will defo give more support :hugs: how are you feeling hun ? xxxxx

Still sore but getting there slowly, on a 3rd course of new antibiotics so hopefully theyre gonna work more, turns out i had a major infection and it was more painfull than labour! only just feeling the scar now!

I could wear a Close from day 1 as I did not have to bend or stretch (and LO was tiny) but I could not use a wrap or MT as I needed to bend too much to tie them. After about 4-6 weeks I could also use a wrap and MT

I will be using the close again next time too as it really was a god send for me

My LO was born just shy of 9 lbs and started gaining fast. I had a planned section though (breech baby) and healed fast. I started using my ring sling when he was 5 days old. But there was a stretch after that, for about 4 days, when I couldn't hardly stand or carry him in anyway way to do pain from severe constipation from the pain meds (sorry if TMI). :shy:

I would imagine it will be a bit longer for you as you had the infection and that made it worse. :( If it is any consolation, LO won't be too heavy to carry for a very long time. I fully intend to baby wear into his toddler years. My LO is already 25 lbs at 5 months and I still wear him everywhere. :thumbup: So, you'll get there. :mrgreen:

cool, guess ill just wait till i feel i can lift more things etc, even having a shower takes about 40mins! i just dont like leaving her in the pram when im doing stuff cos we have 2 cats i am constantly checking, if she was in the sling it'd be ok, but the infection really afftected my back so i dunno if ill even be able to carry her at all if shes too heavy, im a weakling!

I would never have imagined lugging this chunk monster that I have!!! :wacko: You'll be amazed what you will get used to as soon as you are feeling better.

I hope that comes very soon for you, hon. :hugs:

think i need a better sling or carrier anyways, the babasling was for when shes tiny but i dont know if ill be able to get her in it by the time my body is ready for it! i like the look of the mei tai's tho,

Looooove my mei tai, esp for heavier babies.

But Otter still loves the ring slings best. And they still work best for soothing him when he is really fussy and just feeling clingy. I use the MT for going out, but always have the ring sling on hand for using around the house.

Claire i've got one that i had for Tabs that i'm wanting to sell??

orite, looks quite nice, but i cant use it atm cos of scar so need to wait and see what weight she is when i finally can, she just pushes down on my wound :(

Yea :( Shouldnt take too long hun and these slings are made for using later...

:lol: She's not going to be that heavy, when she gets to like 20lb then its getting heavy but by then you're used to it and it feels normal :)
But just wait and see what you want, i need to sell it so if you dont want it will be ebaying :lol:

I didn't really try baby wearing until Jack was about 3 months, as I too had a slow recovery with infections etc. We had a Baba Sling too, which I did briefly try when he was little but he hated being put in it and he never fit in it in the "easy tiger" position etc (he was 8lb 7oz at birth and very long.)

I've never got on with the Baba Sling, though DH has used it with no trouble. Now I have a mei tai and I love it already! It only arrived this morning lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->