Cabin bed practicalities

noon_child

Reaction score
If your child has a cabin bed, how do you arrange things like bedtime story and having a drink of water accessible. I think cabin bed will be best use of space for my daughter but will want to read stories for a few years to come and she loves having water and her torch next to her at night.

A shelf she can reach maybe, right at the side of her bed.

Our son got a cabin bed for Christmas. He rarely has water at bed but if we did we would have to put in on the window sill and he would have to come down for it or call us.

For bedtime sorry I stAnd by the side and read to him then put my head of the pillow with him and we chat before lights out �� I do miss being able to read together (rather than me standing!) before lights out but he just loves his big cabin bed so I guess it's a sign of him growing up!

As for story time maybe use a barstool so you cban sit next to them!?

Sorry to lower the tone, but I've always wondered what happens with the sick bucket when child is ill, where do you put it? I was thinking of getting DS1 a cabin bed then thought where would I put a sick bucket?:sick:

Sorry I'm no help, I'll go now:wacko::blush:

Sorry to lower the tone, but I've always wondered what happens with the sick bucket when child is ill, where do you put it? I was thinking of getting DS1 a cabin bed then thought where would I put a sick bucket?:sick:

I had a cabin bed. Mum would put an empty ice cream tub in the bed with me next to the pillow when I was ill.

I had a cabin bed. Mum would put an empty ice cream tub in the bed with me next to the pillow when I was ill.

Yep, we do the same with ours, or the empty sweet tub boxes from xmas, very useful :)

DS has this thing from ikea, I have no clue what it's called. It's a fabric thing with 3 pockets, and it has a hook like thing at the top where you can hang it of the bed.
OMG that's the worst description ever. Will see if I can find a link.

https://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/40296293/

This is the one. He fits his water bottle, torch and a load of other junk in this.
Eta for bedtime story I'd probably throw a couple bean bags on the floor and some cushions. Or a large chair.

https://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/40296293/

This is the one. He fits his water bottle, torch and a load of other junk in this.
Eta for bedtime story I'd probably throw a couple bean bags on the floor and some cushions. Or a large chair.

Thanks, I'd not thought of a hanging solution!

Can't really use a chair etc. as we are trying to create more usable space in the room by getting a cabin bed, so extra furniture is a bit counter productive!

https://www.next.co.uk/x571394s2#362620

My daughter has this cabin bed, and her chest of drawers is next to it which is perfect height and level with the bed to be able to put her lamp on. She has a cup of water in a 'baby' cup with a lid so it won't spill. I sit on the bed when I read to her. As for a sick bucket it never crossed my mind. it's years since she was sick, I can't even remember the last time!!!

My eldest has a cabin bed and my younger 2 have bunk beds so obviously a top and bottom bunk. We've always done our bedtime stories in my bed surrounded by all 3 kids, it's my favourite time of day and it wouldn't work any other way than in my bed. After the story's finished they all jump into their beds and I go around and tuck them in and do kisses :)

My eldest has a shelf in her cabin bed for all her bits. My younger ones just tucker their leak proof sports bottles next to their pillows for if they need a drink in the night. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->