Caffeine and miscarriages?.....

JPARR01

2 girls and 1 boy otw!
Reaction score
So I just found this article on AOL news and it freaked me out.
https://www.parentdish.com/2011/05/.../?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl14|sec3_lnk1|67112

I always new that caffeine was not good for you etc.. but I think this is what caused my suspected ectopic back in March. I would drink like a sugar free red bull a day!!!! NO MORE CAFFEINE FOR ME!!!!!

If I ovulate next month around like the 24th, and I stop drinking caffeine now... do you think it could still affect me?? :dohh::cry::sad2:

I've BEEN drinking caffeine THIS cycle.... Def. have cut it down, but still. NO MORE. I would think if you stopped drinking it now you should be okay friend. Thank you for sharing this.

Honey calm down :hugs: One red bull each day would NEVER be enough to take your baby :hugs: I promise :hugs: Caffeine is not good for you, in large amounts. :hugs:

It has been linked to higher rates of miscarriage. With both of my mc's I was having the occasional caffeine. But, I have finally kicked the habit for good now and plan to stay completely off it. I think if you quit now you will not be affected by it next month. I wanted to quit ahead of time so I'm not tempted to have it even during the 2ww. I do miss it though :coffee:

I quit the caffeine too. Get ready for the withdrawal headaches you may get for a day or two!!

I never drink Coffee, I hate it. I avoid Energy Drinks these days cause they make me feel sick, however I am a bit of a Coke girl :) Once I found out we had conceived our darling little Angel, I stopped touching anything caffene.

Forget the headaches! I feel bad for whoever gets to talk to me face to face. I'm sure I will be bi*chy!

I did cut out the caffeine as in no more coffee but I did still enjoy the occasional coke :(

Many studies have linked caffeine to M/C. so I stopped drinking it too.

I always have and always will drink caffeine, I cut back a while ago before my m/c I thought it was causing bloating, so had nothing to do with my m/c, when pregnant with my dd I continued drinking round 4 or 5 cups a day no problem, but I guess everyone is different, maybe if your a higher caffeine drinker for quite a few your body is more used to it?

thanks for sharing that,time to switch to decaf as i do like the occasional cup of coffee:coffee:

I quit caffine too.... Decaf all the way for me! Lol! Can't tell the difference now... I reckon if I had full blown coffee I'd be bouncing off the Walls!
Lol

xo

tinkerbelle, i drank several cups of coffee a day when i was pregnant with my son too because i didn't know i was pregnant for a long time! he was fine. that is why i didn't take it that seriously at first. with my first mc, i was drinking one small cup per day. with my 2nd mc, i stopped coffee, but i was drinking 1-2 chai tea lattes per week.

i doubt the occasional tea latte was enough to do anything, but since I've had so many mc's i just want to be extra careful next time.

jparr, i felt totally drained and exhausted for 2 weeks when i stopped drinking my coffee :cry: just to make you guys feel less guilty, when i lived in The Netherlands (the LOVE their coffee!), i had a few pregnant friends and one was told no more than 5 cups of coffee per day, the other was told 3 cups per day :haha: the dutch kids all seem to turn out fine :shrug:

Funny thing is I hate coffee (unless its Iced Coffee). I LOVE Sugar Free Red Bull!!!!! I think it is the greatest tasting drink ever. LOLOLOL

I switched partially to Decaf when I found out I was pg.
Now I've completely cut it out, I only drink Decaf coffee, tea & coke now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->