"Caffeine may hamper fertility in women by relaxing the muscles of the fallopian tube

I cut out all caffeine and so did my DH. It wasn't easy.....I loooooooove coffee and colas....

Come to think of it, I have made OH cut out coffee as it is bad for the swimmers, can´t get him to stop smoking though! Nothing seems to work on that front.

I don't drink coffee or coke,but have tea as it's my comfort wen I am stressed,dh drinks about a litre of coke and has just swapped it to coke zero,I wish we cud both give them up,:dohh:

I don't drink coffee or coke,but have tea as it's my comfort wen I am stressed,dh drinks about a litre of coke and has just swapped it to coke zero,I wish we cud both give them up,:dohh:

honestly I wouldnt have him drink coke zero if theres aspertame in it. thats the worst chemical for your body, I think its better to drink real coke than that. Im not sure how caffeine/sugar it effects men in TTCing.

velo I drink black tea with milk and sugar :blush: but the tea part is very weak so thats good. I dont like any green or herbal teas. I am definitely going to cut down.

I only drink coke when Im in restaurants, but going to cut down that too. i know its so bad for you (wayyyy too much sugar) but I just looooove it. I dont drink alcohol so thats always been my drink. I am definitely going to cut down though, its an added incentive when I know its bad for me anyway! would also help in weight loss!

the way I look at it is that I will be cutting down and/or giving up for pregnancy so may be worth cutting down after ovulation each month, just incase theres something to this study. of course I respect anyone who doesnt agree, it can drive you crazy all the info out there about what to do and what not to do!!

Come to think of it, I have made OH cut out coffee as it is bad for the swimmers, can´t get him to stop smoking though! Nothing seems to work on that front.

Has he tried Ecigs?

no, I haven´t heard of them so I´ll google it. But he smokes rollys and I think part of it is the ritual of rolling them too. He is down to about 10 a day but I´d love it to go lower.
Sarah I agree it isn´t much to ask of oneself to leave to leave something out during the tww, I do that with a few things, eg going through this awful infection without taking the meds prescribed "just in case" I wish we could know for sure earlier and then we would only have to be careful for a little while not 2 weeks. I´d like to redesign the female body with a light that came on when you where pregnant, ideally straight after sex!

I am on the fence on this one. My doc told me that caffeine in moderation was fine; he said the only evidence that was concrete is that it might hinder the baby sleeping in the 3rd trimester. Then I read something & second guess it, lol. I'm always looking for something new to try.

Here's my formula, I drink my coffee (2cups) in the morning and switch to decaf after lunch. If I am out & want a coke, I drink it. I work on the law of averages, just like eating. It's what one does over time that counts, not an extra soda in a day, lol.

This is exactly what I do, I have 2 nice proper coffees with breakfast, then that's me set for the rest of the day (if I don't have them I can be a bit on the grumpy side!). If I want a coffee later in the day it's a decaf.

A couple of times a week when I fancy it I have a lovely frosty can of Coke, the real thing, never ever ever diet bleurgh.

Rest of the time I drink water, tap water LOL I'm waiting for an article coming out that says drinking water and breathing oxygen can also affect fertility :dohh:

Think if i gave up caffine there would be no :sex: in this house coz i would be such a bitch and DH wouldnt be staying well clear. I need my coffee. I switched to decaf when i was pg and breastfeeding but still had full fat coke. As soon as my son was weaned my first stop was starbucks. I think everything in moderation is fine.

Good luck everyone.

I dont believe all the talk about caffeine causing infertility because we conceived last october when I was drinking tons of strong coffee ( we were on a TTC break at the time). I also lost weight that month. but I m/c a week later I do worry that it contributed to my M/C so I have now stopped drinking it.

I dont believe all the talk about caffeine causing infertility because we conceived last october when I was drinking tons of strong coffee ( we were on a TTC break at the time). I also lost weight that month. but I m/c a week later I do worry that it contributed to my M/C so I have now stopped drinking it.

Every body is different! For some caffeine may cause infertility while not for others. But not drinking coffee won't hurt you (well after the initial withdrawal from it!)

Velo...we all know you secretly smoke a pack a day...:winkwink:

Attachments

• pregnant-woman-smoking.jpg
    pregnant-woman-smoking.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 0

obviously theres lots of people who drink lots of coffee and get pregnant, but for those that are having trouble conceiving it might be worth cutting down. this study is very specific saying caffeine relaxed the muscles of the tubes so might not push the egg down, so I thought it was worth thinking about as its not just the general caffeine and ttc talk.

sorry to hear about your loss :hugs: hoping you get a sticky bean soon

I've gone totally herbal in the tea department (love the Wild Berry Zinger as iced tea - it's great), have ONE cup of coffee a day if I really feel I need it, and drink herbal tea during the day (you gotta try the Bengal Spice by Celestial Seasonings).

I've read less than 300 mg caffeine per day, and my NP backs that one up. That's a LOT of caffeine, though.

Apparently the worst source of caffeine is - get this - gourmet coffee. (So the military crap they sell in our cafeteria should be COMPLETELY safe - LOL.) Instant coffee has the least in it.

I personally got pregnant with my last child while drinking 1 cup of coffee a day but quit while I was pregnant because it made my morning sickness much worse. After my son was born ALL I WANTED WAS A CUP OF COFFEE! Then after he was born, I drank 1 cup of Folgers half caf a day because I was nursing. I stopped nursing six weeks ago but continued to drink the cup of half caf. I also drink about 1 glass of iced tea a week. A little chocolate (I am a woman!). I never drank soda. Worked for me.

I used to be a real caffeine addict but over the last 5 years I've weaned myself off most caffeine :) I love coca cola but after reading this thread when it first started I've cut back even more.

I have my morning cup of tea as I don't function otherwise but I drive DH nuts as I routinely only drink half the cup. I don't drink coffee any more and I loved my expressos. I had cut my coca cola right down to one glass a day (less than half a pint) but since ovulation this cycle I've tried my hardest not to have any cola. I'm 9dpo now and only had cola on 3 days (2-3 days apart) as I've really craved it.

I don't know if caffeine will affect me but cutting it back or out all together (which is my aim) is a small price for me to pay to get my BFP :)

I've gone totally herbal in the tea department (love the Wild Berry Zinger as iced tea - it's great), have ONE cup of coffee a day if I really feel I need it, and drink herbal tea during the day (you gotta try the Bengal Spice by Celestial Seasonings).

I've read less than 300 mg caffeine per day, and my NP backs that one up. That's a LOT of caffeine, though.

Apparently the worst source of caffeine is - get this - gourmet coffee. (So the military crap they sell in our cafeteria should be COMPLETELY safe - LOL.) Instant coffee has the least in it.

Green tea is also good for TTC. It does have some caffeine in it but not as much as black tea, but the bonus is that it is chock full of antioxidants, which can be helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->