Caffeine?

JessdueJan

Reaction score
What are the rules or guidelines on caffeine? I have switched to decaf tea but is there still a limit on that? Also, what about fizzy drinks? Is it best avoiding altogether?

Its been 6 years since my last pregnancy and I don't recall being this anxious but maybe I was and I'm just forgetting.
Thanks ladies x

I think its 200mg caffeine in 24 hours, if you google caffeine amounts it gives you a great guideline on how much is in what x

I have 2 mugs of regular coffee in the morning and any others I drink throughout the day are decaf. I avoid fizzy drinks unless its Orangeade. X

I'm panicking because I gave in to my fizzy pop craving and drank a can of Dr pepper today.
I only drink water or decaf tea otherwise though so hoping my can of pop is fine for one day x

I'm panicking because I gave in to my fizzy pop craving and drank a can of Dr pepper today.
I only drink water or decaf tea otherwise though so hoping my can of pop is fine for one day x
I'm sure it's fine. Lots of people do not give up fizzy or caffeine. This is the only pregnancy I've switched to decaf x

I wouldn't worry too much! I craved fizzy drinks in all 3 pregnancies, some days I would drink 5 cans of coke zero! Very naughty but it wasnt all the time, apparently caffeine can cause low birth weight in high amounts, my daughter was small at 7lb, but my boys were beasts at 8lb4oz and 8lb12oz, they were fine x

I drank coffee when I was pregnant. My first was born 38+3 weighing 7 lbs and my second was born 41+3 weighing 9 lbs 12½ oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->