Calculating due dates.

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
Morning ladies.

For those of you who know your ovulation date, are you going off that or your last period to calculate your due date? I know doctors will say go off your LMP, but just wondering what you ladies are going off? Or is it really best just to stick to the date of last period :shrug:

Morning ladies.

For those of you who know your ovulation date, are you going off that or your last period to calculate your due date? I know doctors will say go off your LMP, but just wondering what you ladies are going off? Or is it really best just to stick to the date of last period :shrug:

Hi - good to meet here in first tri, think I spoke to you a few weeks back where we were both trying for our rainbows!
I ovulate late, (don't you ov early?) so that would defo change EDDs
Mine is 4/1/15 but I know would be later if I went off ov date by a few days.
As the drs and midwives go off LMP may be easier to stick to that I think until 12 week scan says otherwise
Fx'd we both get sticky little rainbows x

I was going off what i thought which was 2 days behind lmp date.

Mw used lmp and my 12wk scan was booked off that.

My scan give me EDD 6th nov so bang in middle of mine and mw so this will be date ill follow from now on.

Most likely easiest to do is work off lmp as what mw will use until.dating scan x

Morning ladies.

Hi - good to meet here in first tri, think I spoke to you a few weeks back where we were both trying for our rainbows!
I ovulate late, (don't you ov early?) so that would defo change EDDs
Mine is 4/1/15 but I know would be later if I went off ov date by a few days.
As the drs and midwives go off LMP may be easier to stick to that I think until 12 week scan says otherwise
Fx'd we both get sticky little rainbows x

:hi: hi! Yes we did chat in TTC a few week back, congratulations it's great to see you here!! :happydance: yeah I ovulate early so it would put me a week in front but seen as doctors and midwives go off LMP I'm thinking I should maybe stick with that. :shrug: xx

I'm sticking with LMP especially as I'm not totally certain on ov date x

If you go off ovulation date, you have to add two weeks to it to fit in with the traditional dating system. So even if you are certain of when you ovulated, you are classed as already being two weeks pregnant then, so two weeks after ovulation you are 4 weeks pregnant.

I use ovulation date as I'm very certain of it, the most it could be out is by 1 day. To be most accurate, use an online calculator that allows you to input ovulation date instead of LMP. The one I like is on Pregnology.

If you go off ovulation date, you have to add two weeks to it to fit in with the traditional dating system. So even if you are certain of when you ovulated, you are classed as already being two weeks pregnant then, so two weeks after ovulation you are 4 weeks pregnant.

I use ovulation date as I'm very certain of it, the most it could be out is by 1 day. To be most accurate, use an online calculator that allows you to input ovulation date instead of LMP. The one I like is on Pregnology.

Thanks il have a look at that one :)

All the calculators I've looked up only ask for LMP, so I've been going off that. My first prenatal appointment is in 2 weeks, so I'm sure I will be able to get a more accurate reading :)

I knew my O date due to temping and my long cycles so I used an online calculator to go with my O date - at my u/s they said my dates were correct so far:thumbup:

I'd like to know the answer to this too! I know I ovulated on the 12th April, would be interested to know what my due date would be from that x

Edit: I just found a calculator that calculates from conception, mine says I'm 4 weeks 2 days due 3rd January

https://www.perinatology.com/calculators/Due-Date.htm

oh wow thanks for this helly! Mine says I would be due 27th December!! :happydance:

And I would be 5 weeks 2 days from ovulation (I'm going off my cb digi advanced ovulation kit so i don't know the EXACT date but it is around the 5th of April)

I'm so pleased we are both back here, how are you feeling? Have you got booked in with the MW yet hun?xxx

This got me wondering aswell I have three dates at the moment early scan says I'm 8+3 today, LMP says I'm 9+5 and because I also know when I ovulated I could be 9+2 so either due end of nov- beginning of dec I have to wait until my 12 week dating scan to confirm but I'm sure I'm closer to 9 weeks! I also have another scan in a fortnight so that will be interesting to see what date they give me!

This got me wondering aswell I have three dates at the moment early scan says I'm 8+3 today, LMP says I'm 9+5 and because I also know when I ovulated I could be 9+2 so either due end of nov- beginning of dec I have to wait until my 12 week dating scan to confirm but I'm sure I'm closer to 9 weeks! I also have another scan in a fortnight so that will be interesting to see what date they give me but at the end of the day it's only a due date most of the time babies aren't born on that day and it's only a guide when to expect baby's eviction notice! :haha:

oh how confusing for you :haha: I think your twelve week scan will certainly be more accurate for you, It will be interesting to see what due date you get at that :)

I agree though, babies never really stick to their due dates lol.

oh wow thanks for this helly! Mine says I would be due 27th December!! :happydance:

And I would be 5 weeks 2 days from ovulation (I'm going off my cb digi advanced ovulation kit so i don't know the EXACT date but it is around the 5th of April)

I'm so pleased we are both back here, how are you feeling? Have you got booked in with the MW yet hun?xxx

That puts you exactly a week in front of me by ovulation dates :) Katie was 10 days early and was pur forward 5 days with her at my 12 week scan so might have a Christmas day baby if he/comes early too.

Not booked me yet, waiting until next week. Have you?

I have a good feeling about this pregnancy for both of us xx

That puts you exactly a week in front of me by ovulation dates :) Katie was 10 days early and was pur forward 5 days with her at my 12 week scan so might have a Christmas day baby if he/comes early too.

Not booked me yet, waiting until next week. Have you?

I have a good feeling about this pregnancy for both of us xx

Oh wow we are so close! I've booked for 8th may, I booked early as I wanted to see about getting bloods done for hcg levels but thought i would chat with my midwife before seeing the doc.

I really hope so because I couldn't bare to go through that pain again. December is going to be so exciting for us, Christmas and new babies!! :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->