Calder?

messica

Reaction score
We are truly stuck when it comes to a second boy name for our twins!

We are expecting two boys and long ago settled on Evan for one, but the closest we've come to a second is Bennett (we both like it enough, but aren't head over heels in love with it by any means). Today I ran across the name Calder and surprisingly hubs is stewing on it pretty seriously. I really like it, but I've never heard it before today.

Big sister is Callista (Callie) and big brother is Mitchel.

Does Evan and Calder go well together? Does it bode well with the other two? (I see myself writing Callie, Mitchel, Calder and and Evan on Christmas cards in the future lol - is it weird I think it goes with pretty well with the others?)

(I don't mind sharing our last name is Lahman (La-men) which is why I don't want two "an" "en" endings if anyone has any other suggestions. Most traditional names are out as our families are huge!)

Be honest. You won't hurt my feelings. I'd much rather know if it sounds funky rather than tag one of our sons with it and have HIM suffer the fall out later on in life :flower:

Congrats on your twin boys!!

Is Calder pronounced cal-der or call-der? I'm not sure if i'm pronouncing it correctly. Honestly, i'm not really a fan. (But I like it more than Bennett)

Calder Lahman doesn't really "go" in my opinion, and doesn't really sound like a name if that makes sense.

I love Evan though! (and I love your daughter's name!)

Evan & Elijah
Evan & Levi
Evan & Oliver
Evan & Gavin
Evan & Xavier

I'm sorry but it makes me think of a witch cauldron and doesn't sound like it goes with Evan at all really.

I love the idea of Evan & Elijah!
Other options:
Evan & Oliver
Evan & Seth
Evan & Scott
Evan & Christopher
Evan & Kyle

Not keen, sorry. Plus the 'cal' beginning could get confusing with your daughters name too?? I love Evan though.

Evan and Tate
Evan and Drake
Evan and Ellis
Evan and Michael
Evan and Sonny
Evan and Archer/Archie

I agree, not really a fan of Calder.
Someone's suggestion of Evan & Oliver sounds cute to me.

I also thought of cauldron! Though apart from that and the fact that it might get confusing with Callie's name, I don't think it's a BAD name. How about..

Evan & Gabriel
Evan & Alastair
Evan & Albie
Evan & Clancie
Evan & Max

I don't really like it either. I think the suggestion for Evan and Archer sounds cute. However, it is your child. Just remember that kid has to live with that name. School work marriage etc. Just pick something he will like someday too. Or at least not hate haha.

I'm super surprised you guys don't like it! It made one of Nameberry's top 2012 lists of some kind so I really thought it would go over reasonably well!

Lots of online polls suggested the same!

I'm going to go over some of the other suggested names with hubs and go from there.

Much thanks for the input!!!

I think it's just that Evan is more common. Having a twin with a common name and a twin with an uncommon name just seems like it might cause some jealousy either way down the road. The more I mull it over though, I like it.

I've never heard it and think it sounds similar to callie.

Though I know someone has a little boy called culver - Evan and Culver maybe? Culver is old English and means dove (so I've been told!)

I'm so glad we have a long time to decide lol. You all have given us a lot to think about!

I hear what you guys are saying about Evan being common and Calder not. It is something to consider. We don't want them to match in the Evan/Elliot/Ethan/Ivan sense, but do want them to at least sound good together.

If it helps, the pronunciation isn't like Callie's, it's more like Culder. Or like rubyrainbows said call-der is probably an even easier way to it. I've even seen it spelled Caulder I'm sure for clarifications sake, but we too thought of Cauldron that way :p

Again, can't thank you guys enough for the insight!

I actually prefer the spelling Caulder - looks more like a legit name to me. Calder seems more like it starts like Callie's name, and I don't think cal-der sounds nice.

Caulder could def grow on me, although i'm still not sold. I did check out namberry and found the name, like you said. It compared it to Asher, which I like so much more. Evan & Asher actually sounds super cute!!!

PS. I know someone who has a baby named Cauldron!!

I LOVE Evan and Calder. They sound wonderful together. For the record, I pronounced it as Caul-der. I also prefer the spelling of Calder over Caulder.

I am not sure I am a fan- I don't think that it is a bad name, I am just not sure how well it flows with your other names. I actually wanted to come on here and support Bennett, its not a name that I've heard recently, and I really like it. It also flows well with your current names :)

I like it! Go for it if you both are into it!

I like it :) It is unusual, but it still sounds like a proper name and sounds like it could belong to a doctor or an actor or any other profession. I think it flows fine with your surname, too :thumbup:

Here is a picture of the babe being debated! I haven't been able to come up with anything I like better! Hubs is still on the fence about Calder but I'm pretty well completely sold now. I think the name would suit him well :flower:

Attachments

• LAHMANJESSICAM20140815095031193.jpg
    LAHMANJESSICAM20140815095031193.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1
im not a fan :( sorry - it sounds like colder as in 'its colder today then it was yesterday' so it dont feel like a proper name to me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->