Calling all East Coast American's :-)

toffee87

Reaction score
Hi :)

My husband and I are going on a road trip in March/April. We're starting in New York City, and then working our way down. There are so many places to see. All I ask is that we go to Virginia Beach (my close friend is moving there), Washington. Where would you recommend? We are flexible around those destinations, are provisional route is:

Day 1-3 New York
Day 4 Philadelphia
Day 5-6 Washington
Day 7 Richmond
Day 8 Virginia Beach
Day 9 Raleigh
Day 10 Charlotte
Day 11 Columbia
Day 12 Atlanta
Day 13 Fly to Boston
Day 14 Boston
Day 15 Hartford
Day 16 NY
Day 17 fly home

Any ideas? :)

Hi :)

My husband and I are going on a road trip in March/April. We're starting in New York City, and then working our way down. There are so many places to see. All I ask is that we go to Virginia Beach (my close friend is moving there), Washington. Where would you recommend? We are flexible around those destinations, are provisional route is:

Day 1-3 New York
Day 4 Philadelphia
Day 5-6 Washington
Day 7 Richmond
Day 8 Virginia Beach
Day 9 Raleigh
Day 10 Charlotte
Day 11 Columbia
Day 12 Atlanta
Day 13 Fly to Boston
Day 14 Boston
Day 15 Hartford
Day 16 NY
Day 17 fly home

Any ideas? :)

Exciting! You're probably already aware, but March (and sometimes even into early April) is heart of the winter on the upper east coast (DC up to Boston). Be prepared to be flexible with your travel plans.

Boston in March is my least favorite month. We frequently get wind, ice and snow storms into March, and the overall scenery is UGLY and brown from melting snow and dirt.

BUT on the other hand, there have been some years where we've gotten early spring in March! Boston is a lovely city as long as you can deal with the weather :)

Here's a good place to start: https://www.ratestogo.com/blog/10-must-see-attractions-in-bosto/

We're not going until the end of March (26th) x

The NC Outerbanks are gorgeous and pretty close to VA Beach. I would remove Charlotte or Richmond and extend DC by 1 day. There is SO much to see in DC that you'll be rushed with only 2 days. We actually live in Raleigh and have an apt in Washington DC for my husbands work. Instead of Columbia or/both Richmond, VA I would either do Charleston, SC or Savannah, GA, preferably both as they are absolutely gorgeous places to visit with tons to do! There is a really cool island near Savannah, GA called Tybee Island, it's smaller and really laid back. If you want additional info let me know! I've gone to all the places you mentioned, except for Hartford, and have traveled all over the East Coast!

I would spend more than a day in Philly if you can. There's so much there. DH and I loved it when we went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->