calling all JUMPEROO fans

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
I was convinced I wanted an exersaucer for my little boy
but after reading all the reviews i see that his height may be a problem ie: he wont be able to play in it as long, and i am also bringing it back from the US on a plane with me and the exersaucers are quite big.

I have seen lots of moms on here who are big jumperoo fans, so i thought id ask
a. how small does it fold up/weigh ? ( because i need to take it on an international flight)
b. Can you leave the room with lo in it? Is it safe enough like they cant jump and get caught on something or hurt them sleves? In an exersaucer they cant jump quite as wildly i would think..
c. Anyone with a long baby in it? how long did it/do you think it will last them?

Thanks!

I dont know how much it wieghs as i have chucked the box out ;)

I always Leave LO in it and leave the room , keeps her entertained for ages and i just keep talking to her when im not in the same room to reasure her that im still near.

Ella is a long baby and she is in the first setting still , there are 3 and 3 being the longest so it will last ahwhile :)

i too thought i didnt know wether to buy as i didnt think she would have long but went for it and i couldnt recommend it enough, looks like she will have ages in it! up to 15 months!!

Was told by the doc to not let Sharlotte in either longer than 45 total minutes a day. :muaha:

Sharlotte by far prefers her exersaucer and they are made to collapse and store flat where the jumperoo is not. If you look very close at the photo below, you can see the legs can unhook and bend flat. And there is a carrying handle on the left sid of the bottom floor plate...

Sharlotte has two exersaucers one at grannies, one at home and the jumperoo is at my office. She loves the jumperoo too, but just seems to prefer the saucer... and I do too.

https://www.evenflo.com/images/products/lrg6161812.jpg

https://www.evenflo.com/category.aspx?id=19&fid=277

And with that exersaucer it can grow with the child. Once they get too big for the seat it comes off the base, and becomes an activity table.

If I paid for the jumperoo myself, I still probably would have bought it. But I dont know how much I would recommend one.
Colton's already in the last stage of his (3) and his legs are already starting to bend when he sits down. He wont be in his much longer and he was only like 28" at his last pedia appointment (at 6mo)

I think max will not enjoy it as much as hes getting really long and is already on the second setting and the max weight is 20 lbs :( hes gonna hit that pretty soon ..but oh well ..

as for getting stuck I dont see how , I do my house cleaning when hes in it and leave him alone and he never got hurt ..knock on wood lol

I have both, but my baby is too small for them yet so I am not sure which one is better. They are actually both sitting here in the box. The Jumperoo would be WAY easier to bring on a plane. The exersaucer is huge and you would be paying a lot to bring it. I took a picture so you can compare the 2 sizes.

https://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91/cannibalwendy2/IMG_2696.jpg

Char has an exersaucer and the rainforest jumperoo and loves both. She's not quite tall enough for the jumperoo, but she does get it going REALLY well, and she's on the second, soon to be third and final level of the exersaucer. I can leave her alone in the room in either of them and she's content to be in either of them usually for 15mins to over an HOUR! Give me time to get stuff done. We rotate which she goes into otherwise she gets a little bored of it. The RF jumperoo doesn't really fold down very small...the exersaucer folds pretty flat.

We have a jumperoo and caitlyn LOVES it. She's on setting 1 at the minute and she's 4 and a half months. Will last her a while and she has so much fun with it. The box with the jumperoo in isn't all that big but i dont know how easy it is to pack away etc as i didn't get mine from new.

xxx

Oh and ella is 6 months and is on setting one for the jumperoo ;)

I just realized I have a Jolly Jumper. LOL. Whats a jumperoo?

https://www.fisher-price.com/img/product_shots/K6070_d_2.jpg
That's the rainforest jumperoo (and the one I have)

https://www.fisher-price.com/img/product_shots/M2662_d_1.jpg
This is the deluxe jumperoo I know some people have...

And this is Fisher Price's lineup of jumperoos:
https://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2003&e=entertainers

we have the rainforest jumperoo and so far maddi really likes it, she's just getting used to it and seems to have soooo much room grow - maddis still standing on a book with level one so she can reach and she is a very long baby :) however i haven't had any experience with an exersaucer (sp) i love the door bouncer too! excellent :)

I have both, but my baby is too small for them yet so I am not sure which one is better. They are actually both sitting here in the box. The Jumperoo would be WAY easier to bring on a plane. The exersaucer is huge and you would be paying a lot to bring it. I took a picture so you can compare the 2 sizes.

https://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91/cannibalwendy2/IMG_2696.jpg

thank you so much for taking the time out ot take a picture for me, how thoughtful of you. :hug:

girls i am still confused,
the jumperoo does it come apart into little pieces i can put in a suitcase?
Or does the base not come apart ie the metal circle stays the same?

with the exersaucer, does it fold to be carriable? but only i assume as two flat domes right? Would it fit into a suitcase?

Would really appreciate your help!

It weighs approx 7-8kgs.I also bought mine in US as its too expensive here.I took it out of the box and places all the pieces in the suitcase.The suitcase I checked in at the airport.The round plastic piece that goes around their bodies, I just carried as handluggage as it's quite light all by itself with no attachments.The jumperoo is adjustable to the heights of different babies.There is instructions for that and yes,you can leave your baby unattended in it.It's safe enough for that but not recommended of course.Obviously if your baby can walk already it wont be safe.My LO took a while to warm up to it but now he is screaming with delight everytime I place him in it.It's defnitely worth the effort and money.When finished with it you can always sell it.There are always a lot of moms looking for a cheaper jumperoo.

the jumperoo says it only lasts til 11 kilos and my baby is already 8 so how long will he have in it do you galz think?

11kg is the average weight at 16 months according to the growth charts (boys) - Sam's 8 months now and still on the 2nd setting. It is quite heavy (it has to be to stop it moving as they jump) but it does come apart into smaller pieces - obviously the plastic bit surrounding the seat is quite big though.

Would you be able to ship it rather than taking it on the plane, as excess baggage costs are stupidly high? x

11kg average weight at 16 months???? My boy is over 8 at only 5 months.

He is a tall boy, but is still on the first setting so will still have plenty time in it.

Margele, I'm very jealous of your Jumperoo. I'm horse crazy and would loved to have got that one but we don't get it here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->