Calling all Prammies

TattiesMum

Reaction score
Look what I got

https://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af263/MarieBriscombe/Osnath.jpg

She's a 1965 Osnath wooden bodied pram .... dark green body and C chassis, with matching hood, apron and sun canopy. Shes also got leather straps and a balancing axle to allow redistribution of the load if more than one baby is being carried ....The inside pram base is in 3 sections that lift out for storage or to allow a bigger baby to sit with their legs down.

She's an absolute stunner isn't she? I've been coveting one of these for ages but they usually fetch really high prices even in bad condition. I got this one for a song and although she does need renovation, she's in remarkably good condition :happydance::happydance:

I'm so excited that I just had to share .... can't wait to push my Grandbabies around in this beauty.

wow, that's beautiful! my mil often pushes Brooke and Bertie around in a huge old silver cross she kept since having my DF and his siblings. she gets stopped loads to be asked about it-she loves it!

enjoy!

It is gorgeous hun, have fun renovating it and pushing your grandbabies about in it :cloud9:

it is gorgeous i would have loved a silver cross like that but my tiny flat means it wasn't possible

Thanks Girls ... V - you can come down and push your LOs in it any time you like :hugs:

Now .... would it be too wierd if I wore period costume while pushing it around town? :winkwink: :rofl:

Thanks Swift ... I know buggies and travel systems are more convenient - but there is something about the beauty and elegance of these old prams that just 'does it' for me. :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

If you think about it these are pieces of real, living, social history ... this one was made in the year I was born and it just illustrates how much things have changed in those years. These are collectors items now - this one is an investment as well as something to use and enjoy and as I got it for such an amazing price (on ebay) it's already worth at least double what I paid for it :happydance:

I saw a lady in town the other day with a Vintage SC, i was in awe.

V xxx

I saw a lady in town the other day with a Vintage SC, i was in awe.

V xxx

Confession time ... This is my 2nd one :blush:

My other one is a vintage 70's metal bodied Silver Cross Grosvenor, with a more conventional chassis that I used for my own 3 and have kept all these years.

I'm in the middle of renovating that one for Tattie to use when the new baby arrives (baby in the pram and Kaylum on a toddler seat) .... I'm having it custom spray painted in zebra stripes and fitting a brand new interior, hood and apron - it's really eye catching :happydance:

This new one is for me :blush: I've always wanted one this shape, so I treated myself :thumbup:

your other sounds amazing, you will have to share a pic!
but this one is stunning, i am envious!!

Love it! Have fun pushing the grandbabies around :) I'd love to see a pic of the other when it comes back from the painters, it sounds really unique :)

Wow it is gorgeous, reminds me of my mum pushing us around awwww. fond memories.

ps how do you know its a 'she'? (i couldnt help chuckle at you calling it a she, a girl at my work calls her car she, like its a person, we always get mixed up thinking she is talking about her sister lol)

Wow it is gorgeous, reminds me of my mum pushing us around awwww. fond memories.

ps how do you know its a 'she'? (i couldnt help chuckle at you calling it a she, a girl at my work calls her car she, like its a person, we always get mixed up thinking she is talking about her sister lol)

LOL ... she looks like a 'she' ... all curves and elegance.

We found out today that Tattie is having a girl :happydance: so this beautiful old lady is going to be dressed in white sheets, a white shawl with pink rosebuds and a white broiderie anglaise quilt so that I can push my beautiful young lady around in style :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->