calling all single mums....i shake your hand xx

chel27

mum to 3
Reaction score
im serious...me and my OH have had the worst day ever today with amy...she literally hasnt stopped crying since 5am...am knackerd!!!
which then got me thinking.....how on earth do you single mums do it??

either way i think your amazing and do the hardest job ever :hug:

I wholeheartedly agree!! My OH was unemployed throughout my pregnancy and finally got a job when Jessica was 3 months old which was a relief financially but meant that suddenly I was on my own with Jess all day - so so difficult!! At least when OH gets home in the evening he spends time with Jess, but if you have no-one else I don't know how you cope!! Just keeping the house tidy is difficult as well as looking after baby and dog too! I don't think single parents get the credit they deserve!! Well done all of you single Mummies and Daddies!! xxxxx

its a hard job doing it on your own, but somehow we always get there. Its just duble the work and im ALWAYS tired :(

Hopefully when i move back to my own house, my ex OH will come up more and help me with her etc, But then on the other hand i dont trust him to sit with her till i went for a sleep or something as id wake up and she wouldnt be there.

It is tough, and it sucks even more without the support of family..

Caffine is our secret :rofl:

Thank you!! What dont kill us only makes us stronger right?!

It definately is hard!!! I'm thinking of trying red bull to stop me falling asleep when she's quiet for 5 minutes! lol

Thank you!! What dont kill us only makes us stronger right?!

That is soooo true.

i was onto the cola, then i changed to irn bru, mw phoned yesterday and said to feed on demand now, god i nearly fainted lol, i was sooo glad i could leave her those 6hrs to feed, she slept from 3am till 9am this morning, i feel so much refreshed.

although it is very hard, especially when brooke has colic, i just dont get no sleep at night most times :(

My dad raised me on his own when I was a baby because my mum left. He worked 4 jobs as well as studying for a masters and I just am in awe of him, Ive no idea how he did it.

Its only since havign Seth Ive realised entirely how hard it must be.

So yes single parents are amazing :) Well done all of you

xxx

It definately is hard!!! I'm thinking of trying red bull to stop me falling asleep when she's quiet for 5 minutes! lol

soooo red bulls the secret is it :rofl: i drink tea and coffee and that dont keep me sane...even with 2 of us doing it :rofl: xx

I dont think anything keeps us sane, apart from when we look down on our LO's and see what a incredible job we did bringing them into this world and looking after them :)

I love being a single mum, I dont feel i need or want a man or his daddy... I just wish now at 6months old.. He would sleep through the night and not wake 2-3 times! Thats what gets me... He wakes at 9pm.. 12am..3am.. then is awake at 5am for the day!!!! :|
I havnt had a decent nights sleep in 6months and dont see it happening anytime soon! Im ALWAYS tired.. but still on the go!!

i agree, being a single mum is really tough, I'm not but my mum was

i was a single mum with my son for about year and half when he was 4 years old and i also had a part time job and i found itt... quite difficult although very rewarding as i knew that i was helping making my son who he is today....he is finally starting to drop all the bad habits his dad gave him....but even after all this his dad is still the best tihng since sliced bread :dohh:

i couldnt imagine however doing all that single handed with a newborn xx

def agree xx single mums are super mums

esp wen ive had a rough day with luisa i couldnt imagine not having oh come home from work and take over for a bit..

in fact if it wasnt for oh id never eat dinner cos id never get a chance to cook it :dohh:

I have been thinking the same thing !

I am lucky my OH is quite hands on with lucas but even little things like washing up and steralising my breast pump make a massive difference to me as I really don't have time to do them as well as everything else !

I don't think people realise how hard it is for single mums, you are all stars :happydance:

Im a single mum and I prefer it that way..But I have my mum here 24/7 for support so Im not struggling through on my own..But Id hate it if his father was here all the time..I dont think he'd be living Id kill him :L I like being able to do what I want when I want not when he tells me :)

But the people that live on they'r own and are bringing up babys on they're own I really admire them!!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->