calling all supplementers!

heyyydayyy

Reaction score
I'll admit, I'm hesitant to post this in the breastfeeding forum because I feel I'm more likely to be criticized over there. But is anyone else in the ff forum breastfeeding while supplementing with formula? I haven't had any struggles with breastfeeding, baby latches great and everything, but sometimes I would like to be able to walk around with her while giving her a bottle instead of sitting still for 45 minutes doing nothing. And I also love the convenience of my OH being able to feed her while I sleep. I don't seem to have jeopardized my milk supply (I bf about 70% of the time and ff 30%). Almost everyone I see in the bf/ff forums are exclusively doing one or the other...so...where are all the supplementers? :shrug:

me! i like the freedom of not bfing all the time. i.usually give 2 bottles a day. recently my lo was in hospital for a week and i couldnt bf so i pumped. i think my supply has suffered but i am so emotionally and physically drained right now i cant face trying to get my supply back up. even the paeds in the hosp had absolutely no qualms with ff xx

There are quite a few of us doing this. It is hard to know where to post combi feeding queries. Sometimes I feel like I'm visiting divorced parents when I post in each of the feeding sections. You have think what you're going to say so you don't cause any upset lol

There are quite a few of us doing this. It is hard to know where to post combi feeding queries. Sometimes I feel like I'm visiting divorced parents when I post in each of the feeding sections. You have think what you're going to say so you don't cause any upset lol

That's exactly how I feel! :haha:

I'm supplementing and hope to be fully formula feeding by the end of January at the latest. I've never fully bonded with breastfeeding but stuck at it, we've had several problems, and on Christmas Day my husband put his foot down and said "we're switching to formula" already I'm happier and baby's happier. Makes me wish we'd done this sooner.

I mostly breastfeed but we use formula now and then - I don't get on as well with pumping now as I did in the early months so if me and OH go out then LO gets formula from whoever is babysitting. Also if I fancy a few drinks he gets a bottle later that night. I also use formula to make up cereal. I don't see the harm in it and it is much more convenient than having to pump every morning just to make up weetabix. Life is too short for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->