Calling All TWIN Mommas!!! Help Please!

drogers83

Reaction score
Hoping you can all help me. I took clomid days 3-7 and menopur injections on days 3,5,7, & 9. I also had a trigger shot. I had 3 mature follicles and possibly 4 by the time I had my IUI done. Doctor had me sign a consent form for risk of multiples. I tested positive with an HPT 10dpo. My first beta was 14dpo at 205 with progesterone at 99.9%. At 16dpo betas were 520, they didn't test progesterone again. I checked beta base and my numbers are closer to the twin mean numbers than the singleton mean numbers. What is everyones thoughts on my numbers and follicles and possibly carrying twins? Thanks again!

Not a twin mom, but wanted to offer that my hcg with daughter was 18,762 at 21 dpo (my dates were correct as it was confirmed the following week with a scan), and that's no where near the median even with triplets. It's more at the 'highest number reported' on all three charts. So hcg alone won't tell you much of anything. I can't really comment on the follicles though, but I'd think with 3 mature you could possibly have multiples?? Hopefully a twin mommy will comment; I just wanted to offer my experience with hcg. Congratulations!

Agreed, not a twin mom. But I had 45k in week 5. I had other betas done and according to charts my hcg was always in the range of two weeks later. I even got a clear bfp at 8dpo/9 days past dtd. I was so sick and miserable, everybody swore up and down I had to have twins. Went on for an emergency scan after I got injured, and there was my little bean. Just one. Measuring 5w2d. I asked my doctor about the # and she said hcg ranges are so inaccurate. And I did lose that bean, but it's not something you have to worry about and had nothing to do with the numbers. I also know I/women in my family regularly release two eggs and I did that particular cycle.

So long story short, you could and you might not. So I hope it results the way you want!

I'm not a twin mom either (yet! Lol) but I'm in a similar situation wondering about the chances. I didn't do injectables but I did take 10mg femara this cycle and have pcos, so I've been known to have more than one follicle develop and release. I had betas drawn at 10/11dpo and hcg was 128. The redraw at 14/15dpo hcg was 645! Anyway, Im also curious to know, so please update when you find out!

Another not twin mum here! I never had fertility treatment or blood tests but I tested nicely positive on a FRER 9dpo and got strong lines for my dates on urine tests so I think it varies even if its not twins.

Check my journal if you want to see a very comprehensive list of my early betas :)
My earliest was 1240 at 17DPO. I started with 3 gestational sacs which turned into twins. They are natural.

11dpo with single daughter betas 17 (progesterone started low so on pills)
14dpo with daughter 63
17dpo with daughter 160
21dpo with daughter 1000+

11dpo with natural frat twin boys betas 54.9 progesterone 31
14dpo with twins 302 progesterone 22
18dpo with twins 1800 progesterone 19 (put on pills)
20dpo with twins 3000+ progesterone back up to 21

Thanks Everyone! I guess I will find out for sure on the 10th. That is when I have my 6 1/2 week ultrasound

Let us know! Mine is the 15th and I'm very curious.

So ninjas my US yesterday and they found TWINS! Unfortunately they don't know if baby B is going to make/become viable. They searched in the SAC and tried to find a heartbeat but could find one. If I remember right (was listening, but everything was coming so fast and I was shocked) he mentioned a fetal pole was found but said that because it was smaller than baby A he didn't think It would continue to develop. I was 6w3d and baby A measured at 6w5s with a CRL of .80cm or 8 mm. I watched them quickly measure baby B but I don't know if it was a sac measurement or something else, but the number I did see was .44cm or 4.4m something. I've read all kinds of outcomes, such as I am early so maybe in 2 weeks there will be a better chance to see if the baby developed more and a lot of women have experienced this, and the other outcome was vanishing twin syndrome. My feelings are all over the board! I didn't think there was going to be 2, I was hopeful, but didn't think I would really see 2. Now I am worried, scared, sad and many more emotions. I go back in for a follow scan in 2 weeks (9/24) to see if B grew or is being absorbed. What does
Everyone think? I have ultrasound pics and I'll show them if I can figure out how to post them. Thanks!

Wow, congrats drogers! I have no advice on your situation, as there's really no way to know at this point. But good luck!

Afm, I've had 2 ultrasounds this week due to bleeding. One baby in there with a heart rate of 127!

I think this Twin story is inspiring - take a read. :) And congratulations!

https://boards.hellobee.com/topic/lack-of-fetal-pole-at-6-weeks

Congrats drjo718! Hope everything is ok,and that the bleeding stops. I hate all this worrying.

Congrats! I will definitely keep my fx that Baby B pulls through. You are early, so BB could just be developing a little bit slower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->