Calling all UK mummy's to be!!

Happy happy

Reaction score
Hello!!
Just wandering when you're planning on contact ting your midwife etc??
I had a mc last year but due to having my booking appointment early I knew all the forthcoming dates such as hearing the hb, 20 with scan etc etc which just made everything harder.
Will I require additional appointments / scans (I should point out they suspected a molar pregnancy but this was not confirmed) or would I be okay to leave it another month, making me 8/9 weeks, to contact them??
Any advice would be appreciated xoxo

I'd contact ASAP, I did with my docs, had my appt the day after my bfp, they referred me to the midwife who phoned me a few days later & made me an appointment to see her 3weeks later but referred me for an early scan as we didn't know exact dates, I still had to wait 2wks for that, if I was you I'd get in touch now x

I may ring them tomorrow then but just explain I don't want all the appointments made in advance, just get to 12 we then see what happens.
I change my mid daily...I want to ring them then worry about everything!!
Hope your well xoxo

Hi
I booked mine last week with the midwife but I don't even get my booking appointment (first time I'll see her) until 10 weeks! So no harm in ringing as you may not see them for a while yet anyway :flower:.

Although with you having previous complications that may not be the case for you, but I'm sure you could request a later appointment x

No harm in ringing now, I had my first appointment at 5+5 and she gave me my maternity notes, took bloods and did all the other stuff they do. I don't go back until 16 weeks now though, boo :(

Thank you all. You have all said the same thing so guess ill be making a phone call tomorrow!! I think it makes it all the more real when you go and see a midwife...I'm super excited and trying not to be negative as that doesn't help anyone...I just don't want to get my hopes up too much just yet.
Thank you all again!! Love and hugs to you all xoxo

Thank you all. You have all said the same thing so guess ill be making a phone call tomorrow!! I think it makes it all the more real when you go and see a midwife...I'm super excited and trying not to be negative as that doesn't help anyone...I just don't want to get my hopes up too much just yet.
Thank you all again!! Love and hugs to you all xoxo

Take it a day at a time and try not to worry too much :flower:

With my last pregancy (given my history of 2 miscarriages) I arranged not to even book in until after my 12 week scan. This time I've still not been in touch with the Dr or midwife, I'd like to do the same again this pregnancy but I'm waiting until 8 weeks to contact them. I just don't want to go through it all again so know exactly how you feel.

hi
got my booking in appointment tomorrow im almost 7 weeks i saw my gp when i got the positive test and he referred me

em

With my last pregancy (given my history of 2 miscarriages) I arranged not to even book in until after my 12 week scan. This time I've still not been in touch with the Dr or midwife, I'd like to do the same again this pregnancy but I'm waiting until 8 weeks to contact them. I just don't want to go through it all again so know exactly how you feel.

Gosh, that must be tough, 1 was hard enough. I think I will end up calling tomorrow but ask for as late appt as I can and then I want to get a letter informing me of my scan there I'll take any further appts from there so I don't have all these dates in my head.
It's a relief to know I'm not being dramatic or over reacting by not wanting to let the midwife know just yet..and that others understand xx

In my last pregnancy my doctor referred me for an early scan (six weeks) as I had previously miscarried. I think it's fine not to make contact with the midwife service yet but I'd see whether your gp will refer you for an early scan so you can see how everything's going. I'm hoping that if I'm still pregnant when I get back from holiday (I am only about 4-5 weeks along) that doctor will refer me for an early scan due to previous mc. He might not though as have new doctor now and he might say last one was fine so just have to wait. I hate waiting. I was a nervous wreck for every scan last time!

In my last pregnancy my doctor referred me for an early scan (six weeks) as I had previously miscarried. I think it's fine not to make contact with the midwife service yet but I'd see whether your gp will refer you for an early scan so you can see how everything's going. I'm hoping that if I'm still pregnant when I get back from holiday (I am only about 4-5 weeks along) that doctor will refer me for an early scan due to previous mc. He might not though as have new doctor now and he might say last one was fine so just have to wait. I hate waiting. I was a nervous wreck for every scan last time!

I hope you get your early scan too, just explain your worries. Got my fingers crossed for you.
So did you contact your gp and midwife?? I haven't contacted my gp with either of my pregnancies .. is it something you'd advise or just how your system works where you are?? xoxo

I (nervously) contacted mine today, receptionist fills out a referal and thats it. I understand the want to wait however, the midwife called me last time a week post MC to ask me to come in for my booking appt - not fun!

I guess if you are a forward planning person, you are probably always going to know the dates etc so you might as well call them and get the ball rolling sooner rather than later.

FX for you :flower:

I (nervously) contacted mine today, receptionist fills out a referal and thats it. I understand the want to wait however, the midwife called me last time a week post MC to ask me to come in for my booking appt - not fun!

I guess if you are a forward planning person, you are probably always going to know the dates etc so you might as well call them and get the ball rolling sooner rather than later.

Hey!! I rung them today and a midwife will be ringing me tomorrow to book an appointment for me.
I'm so nervous but super excited...We have discussed names again tonight as we were Team yellow with my DD, we're going to find out with our last pg but it wasn't to be so thinking we will be Team Yellow again this time if we are blessed with a H&H 9 months.
How are you?? xoxo

I had mine today at 6+1 but it was a student who went thru it all in like 20 minutes, no urine sample no blood tests nothing so I don't no if that's normal or not, first time they will do any of the routine things for me is 13 weeks when I go for my scan so u could wait until then and see midwife the same day or the day after for booking appointment

Hey!! I rung them today and a midwife will be ringing me tomorrow to book an appointment for me.
I'm so nervous but super excited...We have discussed names again tonight as we were Team yellow with my DD, we're going to find out with our last pg but it wasn't to be so thinking we will be Team Yellow again this time if we are blessed with a H&H 9 months.
How are you?? xoxo
I am not bad thanks, enjoying the secrete feeling of being prego :)
I am too scared to talk to the GP but seeing what other people have said thats who I need to talk to for the early scan!
Are you more cautious about sharing news now? Will you wait for your 12week scan to share?

I had mine today at 6+1 but it was a student who went thru it all in like 20 minutes, no urine sample no blood tests nothing so I don't no if that's normal or not, first time they will do any of the routine things for me is 13 weeks when I go for my scan so u could wait until then and see midwife the same day or the day after for booking appointment

I think blood tests is normal at 12 weeks-ish, but I would have said they should do urine test every time. Bit surprised you appt. was so quick though, when I booked in it took forever to fill all the paperwork in...so many forms about whether you smoke, whether you suffer domestic violence, all your past medical history...it was definitely the longest appointment of them all last pregnancy.

OP...I don't think you're doing anything wrong by waiting. Last time I couldn't get a scan until 15 weeks so this time I was keen to book in as soon as possible. But it's not like they 'do' much at the booking appointment, there's no real reason to do it right away. I guess they would be able to offer advice and support regarding your previous miscarriage, but if you do not feel you want that at this time, then I wouldn't be too concerned about not booking in for a while x

How are you?? xoxo
I am too scared to talk to the GP but seeing what other people have said thats who I need to talk to for the early scan!
Are you more cautious about sharing news now? Will you wait for your 12week scan to share?

Ahh it's a lovely feeling, having such a special secret!!
Yes we aren't telling anyone, not even best friends or parents. It was just so hard having to tell people after our 12 week scan that there was no baby.
We will definitely be waiting until we know all is well until we share our amazing news!! What about you??
I'm not going through my gp...One, the receptionist is a family friend and I don't think they need to be involved, unless your advised otherwise. The health visitors and midwives we have previously seen have been amazing.
Xoxo

Really...from what I recall, when I had my booking appt with my previous pregnancies I had blood taken, height and weight and given my notes that would be used throughout the pregnancy.
Maybe things work differently in different areas xoxo

How are you?? xoxo

Ahh it's a lovely feeling, having such a special secret!!
Yes we aren't telling anyone, not even best friends or parents. It was just so hard having to tell people after our 12 week scan that there was no baby.
We will definitely be waiting until we know all is well until we share our amazing news!! What about you??
I'm not going through my gp...One, the receptionist is a family friend and I don't think they need to be involved, unless your advised otherwise. The health visitors and midwives we have previously seen have been amazing.
Xoxo
Your reasons are good for not telling, I wish I could be so strong! I had to confide in two friends, I hate lying and they sus me out anyway when I stop moaning about ttc. But this time I keep reminding myself to hush, it is awful haveing to share sad news, so no one else will know for a while yet but I don't know how long I could keep my mouth shut after a scan :s

Fx for us all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->