Calling all UK mummy's to be!!

I had mine today at 6+1 but it was a student who went thru it all in like 20 minutes, no urine sample no blood tests nothing so I don't no if that's normal or not, first time they will do any of the routine things for me is 13 weeks when I go for my scan so u could wait until then and see midwife the same day or the day after for booking appointment

I think blood tests is normal at 12 weeks-ish, but I would have said they should do urine test every time. Bit surprised you appt. was so quick though, when I booked in it took forever to fill all the paperwork in...so many forms about whether you smoke, whether you suffer domestic violence, all your past medical history...it was definitely the longest appointment of them all last pregnancy.

OP...I don't think you're doing anything wrong by waiting. Last time I couldn't get a scan until 15 weeks so this time I was keen to book in as soon as possible. But it's not like they 'do' much at the booking appointment, there's no real reason to do it right away. I guess they would be able to offer advice and support regarding your previous miscarriage, but if you do not feel you want that at this time, then I wouldn't be too concerned about not booking in for a while x

I had mine today at 6+1 but it was a student who went thru it all in like 20 minutes, no urine sample no blood tests nothing so I don't no if that's normal or not, first time they will do any of the routine things for me is 13 weeks when I go for my scan so u could wait until then and see midwife the same day or the day after for booking appointment

Really...from what I recall, when I had my booking appt with my previous pregnancies I had blood taken, height and weight and given my notes that would be used throughout the pregnancy.
Maybe things work differently in different areas xoxo

I got my notes and there are sample bags in for when I go to my next appointment in July for the urine sample and blood sample but nothing else. The Dr did my weight and height when I saw them but the midwife (student) didn't double check. She didn't confirm anything that she had got from Dr. Went thru medical checklist and dom violence etc but she was literally in and out the house. I was told by the Dr that they would want a urine sample every time they saw me and she gave me a bottle to be prepared but she didn't mention it. Also she changed me from midwife led care to consultant led care without telling me and put my birthing preference down without checking first. Also put that I'm 26 when I'm actually 25, don't have much faith if I'm homest

I (nervously) contacted mine today, receptionist fills out a referal and thats it. I understand the want to wait however, the midwife called me last time a week post MC to ask me to come in for my booking appt - not fun!

I guess if you are a forward planning person, you are probably always going to know the dates etc so you might as well call them and get the ball rolling sooner rather than later.

FX for you :flower:

Hey!! I rung them today and a midwife will be ringing me tomorrow to book an appointment for me.
I'm so nervous but super excited...We have discussed names again tonight as we were Team yellow with my DD, we're going to find out with our last pg but it wasn't to be so thinking we will be Team Yellow again this time if we are blessed with a H&H 9 months.
How are you?? xoxo
I am not bad thanks, enjoying the secrete feeling of being prego :)
I am too scared to talk to the GP but seeing what other people have said thats who I need to talk to for the early scan!
Are you more cautious about sharing news now? Will you wait for your 12week scan to share?

Ahh it's a lovely feeling, having such a special secret!!
Yes we aren't telling anyone, not even best friends or parents. It was just so hard having to tell people after our 12 week scan that there was no baby.
We will definitely be waiting until we know all is well until we share our amazing news!! What about you??
I'm not going through my gp...One, the receptionist is a family friend and I don't think they need to be involved, unless your advised otherwise. The health visitors and midwives we have previously seen have been amazing.
Xoxo
Your reasons are good for not telling, I wish I could be so strong! I had to confide in two friends, I hate lying and they sus me out anyway when I stop moaning about ttc. But this time I keep reminding myself to hush, it is awful haveing to share sad news, so no one else will know for a while yet but I don't know how long I could keep my mouth shut after a scan :s

Fx for us all :)

My friends will guess as the weeks go on as I like all the foods and drinks you can't have and I'm completely cutting back but they will know better than to ask as they know what we went through last year.
got my booking appt 3 weeks today (20th june) when I should be 8 weeks hopefully.
may try and get in for an early scan though I've been told I won't be getting any additional appointments despite having a MMC .. not sure how I feel about this...its good as I don't want to dwell on the past and want to be positive but I also want reassurance..though we had a scan at epu with my last pg and saw a hb but then at our 12 wk scan discovered the hb had stopped....what will be will be I guess xoxo

At my booking appt nearly 2 weeks ago I was there 1 1/2hrs, they did height, weight, bmi, took blood, checked urine, blood pressure, went though my medical history & my hubby's, any medical problems in family, previous pregnancies & births inc baby's weight & how they were delivered inc any pain relief, basically anything you could think of! I don't see her now until I'm 21wks but once I've had my dating scan I gave to go to the anti natal dept & get my notes & they'll arrange an appointment with the consultant for me which should be about 14-15wks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->