Calling Americans, lol.

MissJayy

1 beautiful baby boy
Reaction score
I live in Australia, but have always wanted to go to America for a holiday and even to live.
What do those that live there think of their country?
Obviously living there will either never happen, or will be a long, long, long time off haha. But just curious - for holiday purposes... What states are good to visit etc.? How long would you recommend someone holidaying there and is there affordable accommodation?

tia:thumbup:

We live in Florida and there is so much to do here. It's very hot in the summer though. They have tons of rental homes here that are pretty readonable. my parents just booked a 4 bedroom with pool for a week for $700. I would make sure it was at least a couple of weeks as the flights back and forth are so long. I've always wanted to visit Australia.

It depends on the atmosphere you want. I live in Missouri and I would only tell someone to visit here if they wanted to be bored!

If you want a more busy place there is Orlando Florida, new York, las Vegas. If you want a more relaxed I would say Colorado or Maine.

Florida is a really nice place to visit. Very, very hot though and is super crowded in the Summer.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is another really nice place. Again though, very hot and humid.

Cape Cod, MA another great place. And not as hot as Florida or South Carolina!

I think Las Vegas, San Francisco, NYC are good places to visit in America if you are coming from Australia. Depends on what you wanna do out here..

California, Las Vegas and New York are awesome to visit. Of course I'm bias and think California is amazing to live in though. :lol:

Beaches, mountains, desert, city, suburbs, etc. all within hours of each other (Southern California). :)

It completely depends on the region you live in and what your values are. I'm from Tennessee, but now live in Holland as my husband is Dutch, and it's so much more laid-back and family friendly here. We don't have any plans of going back to the US to live unless the EU economy crashes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->