Calling UK, and particularly Scottish, users

If you love the name Oliver then don't worry about how popular it is, Remember it's only that popular because a lot of other people love it too!

My favourite boys name is Harry and I've thought the same thing but decided I would still use it, it's no different to how many Chris/Matthew/Roberts you may know now :) xx

I know a few Oliver's and one Oran (spelt Odhran though) x

DS (age 4) has 3 Olivers in his nursery class. I also know of 3 others all under the age of 10

I know one Theo age 6

And one Elliot age 4 also

We are expecting a little boy, and have narrowed our names down to the list below. I LOVE Oliver, but I'm worried about how common it will be as it's currently the number one name in the UK.
Can you tell me how many boys you know with the name? I've never met an Oliver despite it being so high in the rankings.
And how many, if any, do you know of the other names? I just don't want to give him a name that half his class will have.

Theo
Oliver
Eli (Elliot)
Archer
Ezra
Avery
Oran

I have only met one archer (Archie) And one Elliot. Not Scottish but married to a Scotsman, He hasn't met anyone called any of these names, i love Avery and Oran and theo, i love them all to be honest x great list xx

Thank you all so much! I'm glad people like the names.
Ezra has since been dropped by OH! Other than that we are no closer to narrowing it down from that list.

I am in US but I am of Scottish descent (not entirely but a big chunk) so I wanted to see and I love all the names on your list!

I'm a Scottish teacher, I've met one Ollie and one Oliver same age. Also one Theo same age as the others. Met one Oran

I'm in Scotland and I don't know of any of them apart from an Eli.

I'm in Scotland and have taught in two schools over the past two years. I have never came across any of those names in my time (one school had 499 pupils and one had 200 odd). There may well have been but none of the names stick out at all.

While at university I knew and Orrin, which although close to Oran isn't quite the same. I know of one girl who had an Oliver this year though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->