Calm my nerves please ladies :(

ashleyg

Mama to three
Reaction score
I called my hospital to make my first prenatal appt and I mentioned that I've been having cramping in my abdomen and lower back as well as a slight tugging feeling on my left side. They weren't worried at all about the cramping...just the tugging sensation I feel randomly.

They want to see me ASAP because they want to make sure it's not an ectopic pregnancy :nope: I'm so nervous!!! Right now I'm just going for my blood test but they are hoping to get me to be seen later today.

Anyone had something similar and it's turned out okay?!

I had tugging and pinching feelings and sometimes have them still I think it's uterus stretching as my baby is inside the womb where it should be. For sure though it's best to be safe and rule out ectopic but it doesn't have to be one. Good luck dear. Let us know how it goes

I have Kaiser and they scared the living daylights out of me! They even called my cell phone to tell me to come in, "do you have someone to drive you to the Emergency Room right now?". :shock: I didn't listen to them and just waited for my scan a few days later and everything was fine. They really seriously jumped the gun, and even my ob/gyn was like, wtf? I had called the nurse hotline to ask a question and then they started drilling me about symptoms and I had told them I had cramping, and some left side pain. That's when the fear of ectopic started to come up. Ugh....

I'm sure you're fine! :hugs:

Try not to worry they have to act on anything that may even hint at ectopic as if it is this they need to act fast. They are just very cautious so try and stay positive and let us know how you get on.
Could be growing pains? Or could be thrush I had stabbing pains on and off and that's what it was!

Its just for safety measures :) I had one side pain and tugging and don't have an ectopic. Its normal, especially at your stage in your pregnancy...all kinds of cramps and different sensations, there's a lot going on down there.

I had a scan at 5+3 due to spotting and only saw a gestational sac and yolk sac. My doctor went to look at the results, she busted back through the door and started talking about blighted ovums.. She instructed me to get anther scan 2 weeks from then (she had just told me I do not get another scan until twelve weeks, before she looked at the ultrasound). It scared the crap out of me, despite everyone except for her telling me not to expect to see a fetal pole or heart beat. When I saw a healthy baby in my 7th week I was so mad at her for scaring me like that! I don't think some doctors think about our feelings. In both of our cases the doctors should have called it a 'reassurance scan or something along the lines if that!

Thanks so so much for all the responses ladies. I really appreciate it! I'm at the doctors right now waiting to get an ultrasound. Hoping that everything is for sure okay. You've all made me feel a lot better but I'm just a worrier :blush:

Also, I've taken another test this morning and the line doesn't seem to be getting much darker? They aren't lighter but they haven't darkened at all either. So that worries me a bit as well that something isn't developing normally. :nope: is that probably because I'm still so early??

Looking forward to hearing your results! How early are you?? If you are under 6 weeks Don't expect to see much in the ultrasound! They are lushly just liking at where the pregnancy is! As for your tests, my FREE tests didn't look like they were getting darker but when I waited 3 days and tested again it was a little darker but the dollar tests took forever to get darker!

Looking forward to hearing your results! How early are you?? If you are under 6 weeks Don't expect to see much in the ultrasound! They are lushly just liking at where the pregnancy is! As for your tests, my FREE tests didn't look like they were getting darker but when I waited 3 days and tested again it was a little darker but the dollar tests took forever to get darker!

Just got done! They did the vaginal ultrasound and didn't see anything. I'm about 3 weeks and 3 days so she said its normal to not see anything this early. She also said that all of my symptoms are normal just as long as I don't have severe cramping or bleeding then I should be fine.

She ordered me another blood test on Sunday to see if my hcg levels are rising or not. So I'm praying that everything is going to go okay! The doctor basically just said that my tests probably aren't getting that much darker because I haven't even missed my period yet and I'm still super super early. I'm just relieved that they aren't getting lighter and even though I feel like crap...having my symptoms and stuff means that I'm still growing a baby haha. I'll probably end up doing another pregnancy test on Sunday just to see and to make sure that the lines are still there!

Sounds like things are ok. :hugs:

I stopped testing at 24 dpo, but here is my progression up to 20dpo.
https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/mara16jade/20131114_064026_zps4e259366.jpg

As you can see, there wasn't that much of a difference near the later tests. The main action was in the beginning. :)

Sounds like things are ok. :hugs:

I stopped testing at 24 dpo, but here is my progression up to 20dpo.
https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/mara16jade/20131114_064026_zps4e259366.jpg

As you can see, there wasn't that much of a difference near the later tests. The main action was in the beginning. :)

Thanks for the reassurance! :hugs: I need them! Haha.

Yeah and you started testing a bit later than I did. I started at 8dpo which was only like 1 day ago haha. I'm planning to do another test on Sunday which will make me about 11/12DPO so I'm hoping I'll see the tests get darker from there!

Well....I actually started testing at 5dpo. LMAO But I didn't include those bfns. :dohh:

LOL well nevermind then! Yours have such a nice progression! I hope mine get darker starting after I "officially" miss my period haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->