Calorie Control Diet

vicki.mummy

Foster Mummy to 2 boys!!!
Reaction score
Is anybody else doing a calorie controlled diet? I'm doing one that my doctor's surgery has recommended - i go and get weighed every week and we have a little class.

This week I lost 1lb - i was a little disappointed but it's because i wasn't exercising (i have an infection in my leg so been unable to) alongside the diet. Anyhoo I am enjoying it and I've lost 5lbs in 2 weeks so can't complain!!!

I'm not on an official diet but I try to limit my calorie intake to 1500-1700 to stay the same weight. My downfall is exercise i'm just so lazy! lol but I do have a job where i'm usually on my feet for 8 hours a day so it all balances out. x

mine isn't really called a diet; she calls it low calorie healthy eating.... you're supposed to lose between 1lb and 2lb each week..... i'm hoping to get more exercise in and lose 2lb+ in future!!!

I'm doing Weight Watchers which is about making healthier choices--choosing low fat options, smaller portions etc. so a lot of the same principles I believe. 1-2 pounds a week is a great loss and it really does add up over time even if it seems slow in the beginning :hugs:

1lb is alot of fat, you googled the image? :) well done

i watch calories have done since last year.

aww thank you - the nurse at my clinic brought in 1lb of fat and 5lb of fat to show us how it looked; it was encouraging!!! I'm hoping to get some more exercise in this week; I did some Wii just dance yesterday - it's mostly top of your body that does the work!!!!

Just dance for wii is great! Gets your heart rate up if you do enough of it so an earobic exercise to burn fat, I love it and it doesnt feel like hard work :)

Calorie countings probably one of the most effective things you can do to lose weight and keep it off. When I started college I started a calorie controlled diet, just did it myself, and lost two stone. 5 years later its still off but I do have those days where i'll just pig out but I think we all do x x

I have now lost 7lbs in 3 weeks (the other 7lbs in my ticker was at the beginning of the year - post-christmas weight i think). I'm really pleased with that - just 8lbs to get to my first goal. I'm enjoying calorie controlled and doing some exercise - I've been doing tons of gardening - we have a huge garden and it's relatively overgrown so it's a great workout. How is everyone else doing? :D

Yes I am! I was told to have 1500-1800 calories a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->