calorie controlled advice

weewdy

Reaction score
I have been on a calorie controlled diet since 1st and have lost 18lbs. My fitness pal advises i eat 1200 calories a day. I have stuck to it without fail and have breakfast lunch and dinner but im only eating around 800 cals. Most days i am burning around 200/250 through exercise. I am not hungry and happy to eat what i am. I am just wondering if i ate the recommended 1200 would i lose more/less weight.

If you only eating 800, and burning 250 through exercise then you are only taking in 550 which is nowhere near enough. You need to NET 1200 so technically you'd need to eat 1450 (if you burned 250 through exercise) to net the 1200. It's really confusing but it's easy once you know how.

I have a fitbit and this helps me meet my goals. On a day where I've reached my exercise goal and steps, it'll tell me to roughly eat 2000 calories and it will tell me I have burned 2500ish. I have set it to be at a 500 calorie deficit. If I wanted to maintain I'd take in the full 2500. Seems a lot, but if you're very active it makes sense.

It seems to me you have put your activity level to sedentary? Is that correct? 1200 seems so low. When I used mfp it told me to take in 1450 at sedentary (as I was at the time) and then add exercise cals.

I've lost 4lb since getting my fitbit (which was coming up to 2 weeks ago). I find it's so much more accurate as it adjusts your calories depending on your activity. No need to work it out for yourself.

If you only eating 800, and burning 250 through exercise then you are only taking in 550 which is nowhere near enough. You need to NET 1200 so technically you'd need to eat 1450 (if you burned 250 through exercise) to net the 1200. It's really confusing but it's easy once you know how.

I have a fitbit and this helps me meet my goals. On a day where I've reached my exercise goal and steps, it'll tell me to roughly eat 2000 calories and it will tell me I have burned 2500ish. I have set it to be at a 500 calorie deficit. If I wanted to maintain I'd take in the full 2500. Seems a lot, but if you're very active it makes sense.

It seems to me you have put your activity level to sedentary? Is that correct? 1200 seems so low. When I used mfp it told me to take in 1450 at sedentary (as I was at the time) and then add exercise cals.

I've lost 4lb since getting my fitbit (which was coming up to 2 weeks ago). I find it's so much more accurate as it adjusts your calories depending on your activity. No need to work it out for yourself.

Thanks very much for your reply. Yes my activity level is set to sedentary as i am sitting most of the day. Are fitbits expensive and what does it do ive never heard of it.

Thanks for your advice i will up my calorie consumtion. What do you think is a healthy loss per week?

I have the fitbit flex, it goes round your wrist and acts as as a clever pedometer. You can sync it with your phone and/or computer and it tracks your steps. It works out from that how many calories you can eat. You can also manually enter activities as its not good at tracking things like weight lifting etc. The flex is 79.99 but you can get a zip version which you can hang off your bra or belt which is 49.99. Its the best investment I've ever made, better than a weight watchers membership.

1lb a week is a good start, 2lb a week is okay but any more than that then you're more than likely to gain it all back really quickly. Slow and steady wins the race.

I have a somewhat sedentary lifestyle and when I am sitting watching TV or whatever, I get up and march on the spot. Sitting down can burn roughly 60 calories an hour but get up and march and you can burn up to 300 per hour. Thing is, weird as it may sound, the more you move the more you need to eat. Drinking water is also one of the keys to weight loss success.

I've spent so long researching weight loss and how you don't need to do these fad diets to achieve it. Things like Herbalife etc are a load of shit. Move more, eat less, job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->